Chapter 3

Thank you for all the lovely comments. luv u all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

************************************************************************************************************

I was just about to turn off the light and climb into bed when my dad came storming in. I had been ignoring them for 2 days now and the house seemed quieter after we moved in than before we opened the door for the first time.

For a moment i thought he had come in just to stare at me before he finally resumed speaking. "You do realise that i feel terrible for moving you across the country but it's not like you are never gonna see your friends again, is it?" He said calmly.

"They have been my friends for practically my whole life! Thats 15 years of friendship and now i only get to see them twice a year! So forgive if it takes a little longer than a day to forget about how you have ruined my life."  I warned him.

He could see that there was no way he would convince me tonight that things would get better so he left, flicking the switch as he went.

I was swiftly plunged into darkness and left to stare at an empty nothingness. The slightest sound seemed to echo through every wall in this house so it was easy for me to hear my parents in the room across the hall.

"The sooner she starts school the more she will start to fit in round here, you'll see." My mother's voice croaked. Quicly after my dad said "But she isn't trying to fit in at all, she is too stubborn." It was so nice to be reassured that my parents support me i said sarcastically to myself. With that i floated into a peaceful sleep.

******************************************************

BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP. NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The alarm could only signal one thing, SCHOOL! I had been dreading this part of the move because it's hard being the new girl towards the end of secondary school. Everyone already had their groups so that meant i would be stuck with the rejects, if there even were any.

Rolling out of bed i knocked the alarm off the bedside table and my face drained of all colour as it cracked into tiny pieces on the floor. OH MY GOD! I knew  my parents were going to kill me as soon as they saw this mess. I got the alarm clock for christmas last year, back when we were all a lot happier and getting along. It wasn't one of those cheap alarm clocks either, it was adorned with swarkovski crystals (sorry about the spelling) and framed in glass.

Not waiting a second longer i swept up the smashed glass into my hands, wrapped it in a tissue and flinged it in the bin. I carefully picked up all the crystals and put them in the top draw of my dress and buried them under my pj bottoms. I was just going to have to hope that my parents didn't notice, if they did i would tell them that i left it in the old house and forgot to pick it up and put it  in the fragile box.

I could see that my mother had already laid out my horrible new pea green school uniform on my desk in the corner of my room. I hated it when she treated me like a toddler. I slowly got dressed and brushed my teeth in the en suite bathroom. Before walking out i stared at my hair and realised it looked like a crows nest. Quickly grabbing a brush i swept it back into a messy bun and used about 8 bobby pins in the process.

Grabbing a bag from my closet i swung it over my shoulder and stomped down the stairs. Going over to the cupboard above the kettle i grabbed a pack of Belvita breakfast biscuits and read a note on the fridge from my dad saying that he and mom would be working till late tonight. I checked the fridge for any food and was relieved that there was mince and bolognese sauce for dinner tonight. At least they remember to buy food for me i thought to myself. Seeing a key on the side that  was obviously for the front door, i clung on to everything i thought i needed for the day and locked the door to the front of the house behind me. 

My parents had told me to go next door to Mark's house as he was in the same year as me and would walk to school with me. As i walked up his driveway i saw a figure in the upstairs window that  looked a lot like Mark. Just as i was about to look down his eyes met mine and i realised he had no clothes on! Oh no this was so embarrassing! I saw him smile and then walk away from the window.

I knocked on his front door and a boy of about 13 looked me directly in the eyes and then he looked me up and down. Feeling awkward under his gaze i asked if Mark was ready. The boy looked up and said "He's just getting dressed, do you want to come in and wait?" I nodded and walked past him. "I'm Joey by the way, Mark's brother. I hear you are our new neighbour?" I nodded again. "Yeah my name is Evie. I just moved here from Manchester." I explained. " Oh yeah i could kind of guess from your accent." Joey murmured.

I heard Mark walking down the stairs and was relieved i would be leaving Joey's gaze soon. "Oh hi Evie, i saw you walk up the drive." Mark's eyes glistened. My cheeks flushed a dark shade of crimson. The embarrassment  on a scale of 1-10 was definetely 10.

Mark picked up his bag and said "Let's get going then."

************************************************************************************************************

Thank you to bieberloverxoxoxo and yazzy horan for the amazing comments (READ THEIR STORIES THEY ARE AMAZING!!!) and i hope everyone enjoyed this chapter. It's gradually building.

Vote

Follow

Comment

A big thank you for reading xx