7

It's the boys first baseball game this Thursday with Cameron teaching them his so called 'strategies'. Now don't get me wrong I know close to nothing about baseball aside from a few games that I watch here and there, but I didn't see much from the several practices he's had.

"Yo Cap, can I get a piece of paper?" My head turns to the left seeing Sammy pouting, holding out his hand. I roll my eyes but still get a paper out of a binder.

"When did I become Staples?" I pass him the paper.

"Since you became my friend" He laughs winking. I groan ignoring him. Him and Jady should really date, slouching in my seat tired. I barely got any sleep last night. I was up the whole time because I couldn't find any comfortable position. And when I finally did I just happened to wake up looking like I was in the Matrix and now I have a terrible neck cramp. Damn bed.

"Alright class, since this is a free period, you can do as you please, but keep quiet" Mr. Ronald walked into class placing his bag in the desk and shimming off his coat. He writes on the chalk board 'free period'.

I take my phone out

Laura: guys
Jady: meet up in the vocal room
Leah: fine, as long as I can take a nap for 45 minutes
Jady: bubba you are not alone
Laura: no we have to study
Jady: yeah right! I need this nap just like you need to see gilinsky everyday
Leah: lmaoooo good one, see you guys there.

I grab my bag and get up. I'm so tired, you don't not understand how excited I am for this nap.

"Where are you going?" Johnson asks.
"The vocal room."
"You don't sing"
"I know. I play bells, with the vocal teacher, us three are really cool with her. I'm gonna take a nap."
"Oh, I'm coming with you."
"Whatever." I shrug.
"I gotta pee, so I'll meet you there."
"Okay." I yawn.

I take the elevator down. Students aren't supposed too but when your best friends dad is vice principal you get special privileges.

I reach the vocal room and see Laura and a couple of the guys but not Jady. Oh gosh Cameron is here.

"Sup Carlos." I smile
"Where the hell were you this morning? I needed you. Mike didn't come so he couldn't have taken your spot."
"Oops?" I laugh."
"Asshole." She rolls her eyes.
"Can I take a nap in the practice rooms?"
"There's kids in there. Just stay out here. I'm gonna make Jady sing with someone and imma make her teach my 7th graders that are visiting" She smirks and giggles.
"Oh gosh, you and matching people up."
"What! No. They're my strongest singers. I'm making Gilinsky and Jady sing."
"Oh what songs?"
"Born to be somebody"
"One song only?"
"Well for Jady and Gilinsky. Jady is gonna sing with Sammy."
"I told you!" I scream then laugh catching attention from everyone.

"Stop screaming! It's bad for your vocal cords!" Jady comes in screaming setting her bag down. Ms. Carlos gives her the finger and slaps her lightly. Best teacher ever.
"Ow. You idiot." Jady rolls her eyes. "I'm so ready for that nap."
"You're not sleeping. You're singing for my own amusement and teaching my class. I love seeing you get mad at them. Your ears get red."
"Fuck me. Why can't Leah or Laura or Gilinsky or any of the guys do it?"
"You're the strongest voice I have. I would do it buttttttt...I don't wanna." the teacher smiles and walks away. Jady sighs and goes get the 7th graders.

I remember 7th grade. Its so much better than being a Senior.

"Stand against the board and keep your mouth shut." I laugh at her and sit by the piano. I really don't wanna go sit everyone else. I don't wanna argue with Cameron today.

"Carlos, who's the strongest girl and boy in here?"
"Melanie and Justin."

"Who's Melanie and Justin?"
Everyone points at them.
"Alright come here." Jady sits in my lap.

"Alright so today everyone will pick a group no more than four. And practice a song. Mel and Justin will decide a song for your group weather you like it or not. And they get to pick out one song that I can sing at the end. Then you'll all perform. Sounds good?"

They all nod.
"I hate sharing the school with middle schoolers. I mean I know we used to be in that grade but these kids are so rude." I sigh. Jady nods agreeing with me.

You know that feeling when you feel someone looking at you? Yeah well I feel eyes burning my side. It's like they're going deep to my soul.

I look over and see Cameron looking at me. He's just staring at me. Sitting there..pretty creepy.

Gosh this kid has the nicest eyes.

"Who?" I hear Jady
"Oh um no one."
"Whatever I know who you're talking about. I'm happy you guys are not not fighting most of time now. Kills the vibe. Even though you guys still d-"
"We made out." I cut her off.

"WHAT!" She yells. Everyone shuts up and looks at us.
"Leah! That's great! How was it?"she squeals not caring everyone looks at us.

I look over at the group, mostly at Cameron. Then smile turning to Jady.

"The kiss was nice. He's still an ass though."

She laughs and slowly drifts to sleep as I do the same.

--

I'm woken up when I feel two hands on me. I open my eyes and see Jady still sleeping. Good thing this bitch is light. I look up and see Justin and Melanie.

"We're ready."
"Oh um Jady is in charge of that."
"Oh sorry." Mel says and wakes up Jady.
"All I asked was for 45 minutes" Jady groans placing her glasses on her face.
"It was an hour and five minutes."

"Oh. Anyway." she smiles popping gum in her mouth giving me one.

"Pick who is going first. Whoever we pick gets to go to the sports banquet with my bubba and Cameron Friday night."

"What?" I cough choking on my saliva. She smiles and gives me two thumbs up. I hate her. I look at Cameron who was smiling like idiot. Oh great.

''''''''''''''''''''''

Hello. It's been a while.