Chapter 2: Practical Problems

Blood. Blood on your clothes. Blood on your skin. Blood pools on the floors. Blood spatters on the walls. Blood stains on the toy. Murderer. Monster. Kill. Kill it! Kill them all! It's your fault! Coward! Coward!!

Death. Death everywhere. Monster!! It's all your fault! Die!! DIE!!

*******

"- So her state hasn't improved? Asked Erwin with a grave tone, while looking at the girl in question, who was slightly contorting herself and wincing, in an agonizing feverish sleep, in the wooden bed of the small room.
-Well, visibly, no." Replied Hanji, who had been tasked, and had quickly offered, to look after her. "She's like this most of the time... We've tried everything, but apart from giving her fever medication, there's not much we can do...
-She's been here for three days... Didn't she have at least one moment of consciousness?
-She woke up a couple of times but... it was liked nothing was real to her. She didn't seem to understand what I said, she muttered incomprehensible blabbers... I don't know what to do!" She almost screamed in frustration and despair. Then, she sighed and said: "The strange thing is, she had this look on her face, one moment it was completely blank, like she saw right through me, the other it was utter fear, and the other was this horrifying, beastly anger, like she was a Titan on a murderous spree. And despite her weak condition, she still almost strangled the doctor... At least that's what he told me. But luckily for him, Levi was there on his shift, and he restrained her."

These "shifts", comprised of the doctor, a nurse, Hanji and Levi, dragged in by lack of men, had been ordered by the commander (AN: the commander before Erwin) who had concluded that the girl shouldn't be left alone after she attempted to get out of bed in an episode of hysteria and was found the next morning unconscious, head bashed on the floor.

"- Your concern for her is appreciated Hanji. Though I personally think keeping her here is useless. We'd all be better off, her included, if she was in a hosp..."
Hanji retaliated before he could finish:
"-We couldn't send her away! She's full of unanswered questions! She's a mystery!
-Your curiosity is not above the practical problems she...
-This isn't about my curiosity! She had 3DGM gear on! Even more, she had the Survey Corps cape on! But no one knows her!
-Right..." Resigned, and with not enough willpower to start a fight with Hanji that would be impossible to win anyway, he left the room to give his report on the white-haired intruder to the commander.

~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed this (short) chapter 2! Chapter 3 is coming very soon (something around 3 days) and it's going to be four times longer than the previous chapters.

And again thank you for reading! If you enjoyed the story so far, please consider voting :)