Change

"Hey you wanna go to that gathering after school? i heard its in that creepy forest, you know, the one that they say is 'cursed'".
"No way man, didn't you hear about the disappearance of Lucy last year? what if it really is cursed?" I stuttered nervously.
"Listen, Jake, your a good guy and everything but you gotta let loose once in a while, meet me at the opening of the forest at 22:58 ok? Oh and dont forget to bring drink, I know your a bore without one!" chuckled Hunter.
I sighed as i retrieved my books from my locker and locked it. "I guess I'll see you there" I mumbled.
"That's the spirit man! See u later!" Hunter replied, hitting me on the back a little too enthusiastically.

After school I went home, following the same tiresome routine. Hunter was right, I do need to let loose once in a while, but did it have to be at that forest? It gives me the creeps. I shuddered at the remembrance of how last year I was watching the news; missing people reports cropped up everywhere. I vowed not to ever step foot in that damn forest, yet here I am.
I combed my black hair and brushed my teeth. I looked back at my reflection in the mirror; Hunter had always said I never used my good looks to my advantage, but I refused to be like him. I didn't have that confidence that he had, I would never fit in with the 'popular kids' but I didn't want to, I was fine just being me. Jacob Stone. I clenched the sink and looked hard at myself. I won't be the boring kid anymore. I'll go to this forest and show everyone im not a wimp. Im brave and good looking! I convinced myself.

I pulled on my jeans and slipped on my leather jacket and a pair of decent looking trainers. I looked in the mirror one last time and grabbed my keys.
I stepped outside into the bitter air. Winter was definitely coming. I pulled my hood over my head and took a breath of air that seemed to freeze my lungs. I unlocked my beaten up car and jumped inside, hit the heated seat button and put the heating on full blast. I drove towards the unexpected and felt excitement that I hadn't felt in a long while. It was like a new person inside of me had been awakened and all I could think about is getting to the forest on time. I checked the time on the car and it read 22:53. Just enough time to get there I thought to myself. I drove through the long, winding roads until I pulled over to the forest. I couldn't help but notice that the sky was a beautiful crimson red colour.

"Hey dude! Over here! Yelled Hunter.

______________________________________

Please Vote, Comment and Share if you are enjoying this so far :) even to know people have read this means a lot to me So thank you to everyone that has taken an interest :) ♡♡♡