Forest

I jumped out of my car and headed over to greet Hunter. "Im glad you made it man! I was starting to think you blew me out!" Hunter exclaimed.

I looked at my watch. 22:56. "Yeah well, im here now so we better get going or we'll be late" I laughed nervously.
"Chill out, it's like a 1 minute walk from here" Hunter replied. We set off walking through the entrance of the trees, the moon that hung in the sky seemed closer than ever and it made me feel small, it was at that moment dread hit me suddenly and I regretted even considering turning up . I could hear upbeat music in the distance and cheering teenagers. I hadn't experienced any kind of party before, and I was excited to finally be part of something that everyone else was.

As we neared a clearing in the trees I could just about make out the faces of Jim, Aaron, Ben , Luke and a load of other people I hadn't seen before beyond the smoke. Hold on, why was there smoke? Hunter patted me on the back,"Jake, loosen up! It's a party". Just then I felt a wave of nausea hit me. I had to fit in, I had to show them that I wasn't scared. I looked up again at the crimson red sky, it seemed to call to me. I shook myself out if it and strided over to the clearing. I planned on having a good time...

I looked up and the lost stars wondered the sky above. I wished I could fit in, I wished I never felt fear, I wished I could live forever. The music stopped. "Hey guys look! It's that boring kid from our college!" called someone from the back of the crowd. Everyone turned around and faced me. I felt excruciatingly embarrassed, but I was saved by something. A red glow radiated from behind me, it lit up the entire forest and illuminated a strange looking path behind me. Everyone who were once having fun had a look of pure terror written across their face, people ran in all directions."it's the curse!" I heard someone cry. "The curse is real! RUN", someone else screamed from a distance.

I turned around cautiously.
A strong impulse to drink overcame me and my throat dried up. I fell to my knees taking in the glorious red sight before me.
"Quickly now, times running short" I was clueless from where the voice came from but i continued to crawl towards the compelling glow; my knees scrapping against the sharp rocks and clumps of mud smothered my legs. Blood ran from my cuts in a frenzy of crimson droplets. Sweat dripped from my pores as the heat emitted from the blinding red glow.

"Jacob! Sto-" I heard Hunter call out. But i knew it was too late. I reached out to the now burning glow and there was no turning back. I wasn't scared. I wasn't confused as to what the red glow was. All I wanted to do was reach out and touch the inviting mist that engulfed me. The screaming faded and I was left with the unbearable thirst. I felt myself become exhausted and I let myself fall into a deep sleep.