Chapter 1: You Again.

I've decided to write a story about running into my first love again ??? I don't know, lol.  I've worked super hard on this so I hope you all like it!  Leave me your comments, or feel free to ask any questions!

•••••

The paperwork was in a neat pile on my desk. I sifted through them, paper by paper, fixing my mistakes. My sloppy, educated calligraphy glided on to the paper with my thick black ink. All at once, I was interrupted with a familiar voice that only a heart could remember.

"Are you sure he's okay?" I heard a worried voice stutter from down the hall way.  It was a feminine voice, shaken with anxiety. 

My office door was opened almost instantly by one of my nurses, Jackie, and with her a woman whose face was contorted with worry and a young boy whose emotions were clearly shaken with pain. There was a massive bruise on his left wrist, and he was crying profusely.

"What happened?" I quickly stood up and took my reading glasses off, walking over to the three of them.

"My son was on the playground and fell and hurt his wrist.  Please help."  The mother was in tears.

"Why didn't you go to the ER?" I sighed as I helped the sobbing young boy onto the table and examined his wrist.  It was definitely sprained, the whole area was swollen red.

"We did, but it was completely full and this is only a minor sprain so the chief just told me to come up to your office." Jackie dropped her hand from the door knob.

"I'll see what I can do, but he definitely needs some X-Rays to make sure there's no serious damage." I took my gloves off and turned my attention from the boy's wrist to Jackie.  "Schedule an X-Ray with Radiology, please. Quickly."

Jackie nodded and left, closing the door behind her.

I looked up at the mother, watching her hover over her son and ask him a ton of questions.

"Uhm, hate to interrupt, but what are your names?"  I asked, biting my lip in embarrassment.

"Oh, pardon my manners," the mother wiped her face with her sleeve and stuck her hand in my direction.  "Evelyn Jones, and this is my son Henry."

"Dr. Holly Winter."  I smiled, politely shaking her hand.

"You look very familiar..." Evelyn bit her lip, squinting her eyes at me.

All of a sudden a little lightbulb went off in my head.

"Evelyn Jones, the woman who broke my heart."

"Oh..." She breathed.  "That's why I know you."

I smiled slightly and turned to Jackie as she rushed into the room. 

"We're ready."

"Okay," I watched as Jackie wheeled his bed to the other room and closed the door.

"Will he be okay, Doc?" Evelyn was biting her nails.

I chuckled slightly at how much she's grown since we departed.  She was of course already an adult at the time, being 11 years older than me, but it's been 15 years since then.

"Come take a seat, Eve.  I'm sure he'll be fine.  And call me Holly."  I pulled out the chair in front of my desk for her.

She walked over and cautiously sat down. 

Now, I guess I shouldn't be thinking about this again.  Those 15 years ago I realized I was gay, because I fell in love with Evelyn.  I had no friends, I was always made fun of for numerous reasons, but she was my only friend.  She was my summer camp counselor- my favorite person in the world.