Chapter 2

KATY P.O.V

It's a sunny Saturday morning. Today is the day to wear baggy sweat pants, a tank top and a messy bun. You gotta have those days. I can't be the only one, right? Anyway, sitting on the couch and going to bel watching movies all day. I have my fluffy pillow and the softest blanket.

Liz is running round because her new friend is coming over. I'm just going to ignore them or if they get too loud, i'm going to go to my bedroom. "She told me she has a brother too, but his is like kats age, I think" Liz told my mother. Of Course the time I finally paid attention. Mom and Liz was in my parents bedroom and the doorbell rang. I got up and got it. It was Liz little friend and her mother.

I bent down and put my hand out ,so she can shake it and I ask "Are you Chloe?"

She nodded. I got back up and smiled. "Chloe and her mother is here," I said out loud so, mom and liz can hear me.

"Do you want to come in Mrs., sorry I don't know your last name." to Chloe's mother.

"It's Cater Smith" She said to me with the biggest smile ever.

I smiled back and asked again with the nicest tone ever "So Mrs. Smith do you want to come in?" Liz came running. Chloe and Liz was jumping and saying hi and stuff.

"No I can't. You have grown so much the last time I've seen you. You and my son would play when your mother and I hang out," she said.

What does she mean that her son and I use to play? The only dude that I remember was when we were in diapers through the end of 4rd grade. I forgot his name but, him and his family moved and never heard or seen them ever again. And he was my first kiss. My mother came to the door with opens arms and saying "Cater".

"Do you remember her honey?" my mother ask me.

"Sorry I don't," I said shaking my head. And my mother frowned and then smiled. She turned back to Mrs.Smith. I looked away leaning against the door frame. I saw a dude in the drivers sit in a car in front of my house. Looks like he had dark long hair, but not to long. A nice jawline and everything. He turned his head.

"Oh My God" I thought I said it to myself, but instead I said it out loud.

"What's wrong honey" my mother look at me.

"What, nothing" I looked and Mrs.Smith and my mother. Then glanced back at the car. Chase was looking at me. When I looked at him, he smirked. I just did a little nod. It felt like we connected need we both stared at each other. Out of nowhere there is a hand waving in my face. I shook my head and look at my mother. "What."

"I guess you already saw Chase," Mrs.Smith said to me.

"Yes we have a couple class together," I said to mrs Smith

"Really, that is awesome. We all should hang out like to old time," She said to my mother and me. My mother look at me, and I smiled.

"Yes that would be great," my mother said to mrs.Smith.

"Well, I have to get going. Chase is taking me out somewhere and not telling me"

My mother put a smile on her face and said "Okay, we better hang out soon"

I look back at Chase. He started up the car and looked at me again. When his mother got into the car they pulled away. And I close the door and went up to my room. When I got into my room and grabbed my phone. I text Sel to call me when she gets a chance. I crawl through my window and sat on the roof. I have a certain place on my roof to be by myself to think or something.

When I got in my spot Sel called. I started and ask "Do you remember I told you about a dude that I use hang out with in elementary. And our mothers were best friend and then they moved at the end of 4rd grade?"