o1.

saturday // 2:14 a.m. // zayn's living room

[♡][♡][♡][][♡]

Zayn was absolutely in love with Venus. It could've been infatuation or lust, but there was something in him saying it was love. Maybe it was the way she smiled, how she'd instantly cover it up and look away.

Or maybe it could be the way she looked at him with such interest like she actually cared about the things he was saying. It could've been the way she talked about the things she was passionate about, how her eyes gleamed with joy and how she'd sigh and smile afterward.

The list could go on and on, but whatever the thing was it had Zayn wrapped around her pretty little finger. She had him captivated and he wasn't planning on going anywhere soon.

"Are you even listening? Zayn!"

Then there's a pinch on his arm that snaps him back into their conversation, Zayn immediately rubbing the sting away. He looks back at her, watching her roll amber eyes and lean back to her spot on the couch. There's an awkward tension in the air, he's sure she could feel it too. Zayn grabs the remote, lowering the volume on the movie playing from Netflix.

He studies Venus carefully, the way she looks a little more upset than usual, that her eyes were looking a bit puffy and the dark circles under them. He notes how she's fidgeting with the sleeves of the sweater she borrowed from his closet earlier and how her plump bottom lip looks like its been bitten raw. It hits him because he remembers he's seen her be like this before.

"Have you been.. y'know," he starts off slowly, not knowing how to put it.

Now he's a bit nervous because it always makes him queasy thinking about her being like this. It made him feel like a bad friend for not knowing how to deal with this.

"Zayn, you can just say it. And yes."

"Damn it, Vee, I should've known this from the last time. You haven't like..thought of leaving yet? Have you?" She never called it suicide, she always just said she'd "leave".

Venus is quiet as her head turns downward and her right-hand rises and rubs her eyes. Zayn scoots over to her side, pulling her to his chest as he kissed the top of her head.

"It's gonna be okay, babe. You've got me. Somebody that cares."