o5.

friday // 11:09 p.m. // zayn's bedroom

[♡][♡][♡][♡][♡]

"I'll pick you up tomorrow, okay? I'll be there at six sharp."

Venus laughs on the other end, the beautiful sound ringing in Zayn's ears. He switches the phone to his other hand so he can grab the remote.

"That's too early, especially for you. Usually, you wake up at three in the afternoon."

"I won't mind making the exception for you."

"I must be special then."

They'd been talking for hours, and Zayn wouldn't want it any other way. He was enjoying hearing her voice again, hearing her giggle and talk excitedly about things. She sounded a bit tired, and Zayn insisted that she went to sleep.

Venus was stubborn and told him she was fine, even though she'd dozed off twice. "It's almost eleven-eleven!"

"You still believe in that?"

"Yeah! I think it'll work one day, y'know? Besides, it doesn't hurt anything to try."

"You're right," Zayn yawns, stretching out over the king sized bed, "I guess it won't hurt to try."

"Let's try saying them at the same time."

"I thought if you told someone they won't work?"

"That's with birthday candles and dandelions, silly."

There's a silence and Zayn can hear faintly hear a door creaking. There's the voice of a lady in the back, and Venus answering too her. The door creaks again, so he assumes she had left.

He pulls the phone from his ear to check the time, and it shows eleven-ten. "You ready?"

He grunts and checks his phone again, and it changes to eleven-eleven.

"Eleven-eleven, for Venus to be happy."
"Eleven-eleven, for Zayn to be happy."

There's another silence before Venus finally speaks up, "Have you ever been in love, Zayn?"

"I still am."

She's quiet again, and there are some shuffling noises. "W-With who?" And Zayn bites the inside of his cheek, wondering on if now was the right time to confess.

"You."