o2.

monday // 12:01 p.m. // zayn's art room

[♡][♡][♡][][♡]

"How much longer do I have to look at this wall?"

"Five more minutes if you keep still. I'm just sketching the outline of you, but you keep squirming."

She groans and slumps on the wooden stool before straightening herself up, tilting her head back just the way he'd ask and looking at the cream colored wall.

Venus sighs and kicks swing her feet, eyes darting from the wall ahead and to Zayn who was looking down at his easel. She watches how every so often his eyes would pop up from over the wooden stand, and he would squint before going back down.

Or how he'd pause and stand back from it, tongue between his teeth as he shook his head and went back to work. Zayn was so precious, she'd come to realize this long ago.

She didn't want to admit it, but she was in love with him. Venus was never going to confess though, she wasn't good enough for Zayn. He deserved better than her and her problems. Besides, he probably loved her as a friend anyways.

It felt like she'd been sitting here forever even though it's only been like thirty-five minutes. Venus agreed to be his muse for fun, besides she had nothing better to do. They were sitting in his art room, the only sound was Zayn's pencil roughly dragging across the paper and some Drake song blasting from his phone.

She closes her eyes for a minute, listening to the sounds of the room. There's no longer the sound of the pencil, but footsteps and her eyes open again. Zayn's standing in front of her and she can't breathe. Venus tenses up at the soft touch of him tilting her chin up slightly.

"What's wrong?"

Zayn's concerned about his she's so stiff suddenly and how her eyes have gotten wider in shock. He reaches and moves a strand of hair back behind her ear, a small gasp coming from her.

"Do I make you nervous, Venus?"

"J-Just a little."

"And why's that?"

She gulps and looks away from him, pushing past him and jumping off the stool. Zayn watches her grab her bag off the desk and rushes to the door before she can.

"Venus, where are you going? Did I do something wrong?"

"No it's just," she sighs and moves him out the way, "I just have to go. I can't do this right now."

He follows her down the hall, shooting out questions on what she meant and if he's done something wrong. Venus keeps her mouth shut and slides into her shoes, opening the door and walking into the hallway of the apartment complex.

"I'll see you later, Zayn."

"You know, Venus," Zayn gives up, stopping at the top of the staircase as she goes down them. "you shouldn't run from somebody that loves you!"