Understanding

-Joeys POV-

I'm not really sure how you will take this...
I'm not sure either until you tell me mom
When you were 6 years old... There was this guy. His name was Jonathan and I thought I loved him. I was going to bring him home... For you and your sister to meet. I thought things were going to be better... They weren't. I brought him to the house one day and planned to go pick you up from the babysitters and surprise you with him. We were going to go to the park and to get food.

I heard her start to cry

I was so happy Joey... I was so so happy

She started crying harder and I gave her a moment to collect herself. Finally she began to talk again.

I showed him the house and I had the biggest smile on my face the whole time and I showed him my room.... But he didn't care about the house... He didn't care about me. He slammed the door behind me and threw me down. I felt so stupid for loving him. I tried to fight back but I gave up and.... A few days later I didn't feel good. I felt so sick... I went to the doctor and they told me I was pregnant. I didn't want a baby with that man... I didn't want another baby yet but it was too late... I hid it from you and you were with family and babysitters a lot that year... I have another daughter Joey and she was so beautiful and I didn't want to give her up... I didn't have the money for three so someone else took her. I was so upset and I still am so upset but I see her.... I see her all the time. I go visit her with her new family and she calls me mom and she's beautiful and I don't know why I've been hiding it but I'm done. I'm done hiding it... I'm done hiding it because the people who adopted her did it for money. They are so so mean and I can't watch my daughter be treated like this anymore. She's coming home with me and I want you to meet her Joey.... I want her to feel like she has a real family and I'm sorry.... I shouldn't have kept this from you or Jett or Nicole but I did... And I'm sorry and I love you and I think we can finally have the big happy family I always wanted Joey.

I stopped and started to gather all my thoughts but what could I even say to that. I don't understand why she hid it from me. Of course I would go meet her and I was actually happy that my mom was happy too.

Mom... Of course I'll welcome her, I'll do anything to make you happy.

Thanks Joey.... She's 16. Her name is Aurora.... She's very shy but she knows about you and the family. She's excited to meet you all, especially Wolf.

Wait... Does that mean you guys are coming to California?

I planned to... Why? Is that not okay?

Yeah it's fine but does.... Aurora know about.... Daniel?

No.... But she knows that you are gay.

This is all confusing to me but when are you going to come here

I have her next weekend... Is that okay?

Sure! But I think I need to go... I just want to think all this through.

Of course... And sorry once again I'm glad you're not mad about it... It was just hard to explain to you at such a young age.

Mom it's fine I understand... Love you

Love you too... Have a good night. See ya

Bye.

That was it... That was the end. I sighed and tossed my phone on the couch.

"You heard all of that didn't you...." I said sighing as I looked at Daniel.