Nervous Waiting

Authors note- please don't judge me on spelling errors I am writing this on a phone and also I'm trying to make the characters talk like they actually do. For example if I'm in Joeys POV I will try my best to use words that he uses. Also I can picture all of the faces he makes when I describe them and I hope Joey fans will be able to picture those faces in their head too. Thanks for reading :)

-Joeys POV-

I had been sitting in my room casually searching fan pages and fan art when A notification popped up on the top of my screen. It was none other then my mom... Man did I have a history with my mom. As she seemed to be a lot better I decided to open the text. I happily clicked off Twitter hoping maybe she had more information on her getting better. That's not exactly what I saw... The text read

Hey Joey... Long time no text but I think we have something sort of important to discuss

Texts like that always seemed to worry me. I nervously asked her what about as thoughts ran through my head.
Who died? Is she okay? Is she better? Is she going back to rehab? Is it my brother? My sister? The thoughts continued for about 5 minutes before I decided not to worry about it until I knew what it was.

I set my phone down and walked down the stairs to search for some sort of snack.... no luck. I walked up the stairs grabbing my phone and keys. I needed food for sure. Just in case I glanced at my phone hoping for a text back but there was no text. As much as I tried to ignore the thought of the text it kept coming back to my mind.

I sat down in my car and put the keys in the ignition before hearing the too familiar noise I got when receiving a text. The feeling I got was a combination of being nervous and excited. I flipped my phone right side up revealing a new text message...FROM MEGHAN?! Ugh I loved her but that's not who I was expecting. Still I opened the text which read.

Joeyanyaaaa haven't seen you in forever! What are you up to today :)

MEGHAN!!! Omg girl I was just on my way to get a bite to eat! Want to come?

After sending the text I looked through a few Instagram notifications waiting for a reply from Meghan... Or my mom. About 2 minutes later the same familiar ding came on again revealing a new message from yet again.. Meghan.

Yes I'm so hungry!! Maybe later we can have an anime movie night just like the old days? Where should I meet you?

Shooooooot girl yes we should! Im headed to the little cafe on our old houses street corner.. I forgot the name!

I set my phone back down and began to drive to the little cafe near the old house I had shared with Meghan and David. I got a text a few minutes later but I was driving and I knew it was going to be a text from Meghan telling me she was on her way. After almost dying from a semi truck and getting stuck at a red light for 6 minutes I pulled into the cafe parking lot. As I was getting out of my car I saw Meghan's car pull in the parking lot as well and I waved and smiled.

I grabbed my phone before slamming the door shut and running to give Meghan a big hug. She ran over with a huge smile on her face and hugged me back.

"Damnity damn damn! You look different. shoooooot!"

"Thanks," she replied as she flipped her newly dyed hair and giggled. We continued to walk into the cafe as we made small talk about chewy and wolf and how our new houses were holding up. We walked up to the front and both ordered a sandwich and a drink. We sat down for a few minutes before our food arrived.

In between bites we discussed all the anime we had watched and what we planned to watch tonight. It was nice to think about the old times. We decided to have it at Meghan's house so I would have to go back home and get Wolf.