Introducing Everyone.

Ok, this is my first attempt at writing a fanfic. Um, I'm a little nervous.. So just tell me what you think of it...!! :) :D  I'll update the next chapter if I get atleast 5 reads... 

so, um.. Happy Reading!!

Cheers!!!

ALICE ;) :D  

                                                                       * * * 

I texted Zayn.   

THEY DID IT. I NEED TO TALK. NOW. AND ITS DONE. I’M GOING IN TWO WEEKS.  

I sent.

Zayn-

What?? Wait. I’m coming down right now…!!

Me-

Fast!!

 I walked down my front steps and up his driveway, across the street. I turned around and stood there staring at my house, waiting. Then I felt him wrap his arms around me.  It was his signature comforting gesture.

 “Its going to be fine. It’ll all be over in a couple of weeks and then we can move to London like you said.”

I looked up at him, “We?!” I asked him incredulously. “But you only just got here! You can’t leave your family and come with me to London!” Zayn had just returned from their Up All Night tour and had about a month of vacation.

“I can, its no big deal, they’ll understand. Besides there are lots of things I have to show you. Apart from our studio and the boys of course.” He said grinning.

Zayn always knew how to cheer me up. My parents had just announced that they were filing for divorce. I had sort of seen it coming and confided in Zayn, but it was still a shock. I mean yeah, they had fights, but, it hadn’t sunk in that it was this bad. They were actually filing for DIVORCE, for heaven’s sake!!

But I had made plans; I was graduating in two weeks and then was going to move to London to attend Uni there. Away from all this mess, to start a life of my own. It seemed a little scary at first but no, I had to do it. If I was going to do research in history, I had to study well. WITHOUT any interference from my parents.

Let me make this clear, I am NOT a nerd, and I am NOT Zayn’s girlfriend. I‘m his best friend. I DON’T have any of those feelings for him. We’ve been neighbours for ages.

 We have similar family backgrounds. His granddad on his father’s side was from Pakistan and my grandmother on my mother’s side was from India. Actually, before the partition of India and Pakistan in 1947, the whole region was one country under British rule, which is how, my grandparents and his grandparents, had come to stay in the UK.

So, anyway, I TOLD YOU I LOVE HISTORY.

Coming back to my point, I am nonplussed by the fact that he is now, a world famous popstar with the world’s most famous boyband. He is still the brat I became best friends with, and that will never change.

I walked out of his hold, frowning. I had to think. To plan. I was sort of like Annabeth from Percy Jackson sometimes. I hated it when things didn’t things go according to plan. Like my parents marriage for instance, why did they marry if they couldn’t hold true to their vow? They hurt everyone in the process, including themselves. Yeah, I shouldn’t be, it was an honest mistake, but I couldn’t help getting frustrated at them.  Zayn was the only one who could calm me down at such times. And today was one of those times.