Chapter 6: Hospital vist

At the hospital

Nicki was in the Emergency room while Dwayne was in the waiting room. He was moving alot , he was sitting down then getting up then sitting then getting up again. He couldn't stop think about Nicki then a doctor walked out the two double doors to the ER. Then he said....

Doctor: The family of Onika Maraj

Oh yeah and Nickis mom " Carol" was there along with Destiny and Monica. But when he said that they all stood up.

Dwayne: yes that's us

Doctor: ok come this way please

they all walked to nickis hospital room. They were about to walk in but then the doctor asked Dwayne something.

Doctor: Are you her husband?

Dwayne: no im just a friend ( But in his head he wished he was her husband)

Doctor: ok * then he walked in for a quick second* Ok and Ms. Maraj you will be able to go home tomorrow.

Nicki: ok thank you * sleepy voice * hey guys * waves to everyone *

Carol: Hey my darling * kisses her forehead *

Destiny: Nicki what happened to your face?! * looking at it confusingly *

Nicki had gotten a knot under her eye from Safaree. She knew she had to make up a lie quick. She didn't answer for a minute then she said....

Nicki: um I got into a fight last night. I forgot to put ice on it * winking at Dwayne telling him to go along with it* that's why I have the knot.

Dwayne: and I was there to save her * winking back*

Monica: oh no no no no nobody beats up home girl where she at ima beat her butt * pulls up her sleeve*

Destiny & Nicki : Monica lol calm down

Nicki: im ok now im good

Carol: Nicki you know I don't promote violence

Nicki: Mommy Im sorry but a woman's gotta do what a woman gotta do * laughs*

They talked and joked for hours then visiting time was over. Everyone left except Dwayne. Nicki didn't want him to leave. The doctor said he didn't have to go if he didn't want to. So he stayed.

Nicki: Dwayne?

Dwayne: Yes Nicki

Nicki: Can you come lay with me?

Dwayne: sure * gets up and lays with Nicki trying not to sit on any sensitive parts on her body she was still hurting*

Nicki: * puts her hand on Dwayne's chest and Dwayne starts to stroke her hair* this is all my fault.

Dwayne: Huh * looks at her all confused *

Nicki: none of this would of happened if I told you about Safaree.

Dwayne didn't like Nicki blaming herself like that so he said to Nicki.....

Dwayne: no its not your fault * still stroking her hair*

Nicki: yes it is.

Dwayne: its my fault, I should of asked if you were with someone.

Nicki: Dwayne I wanna thank you saving me too.

Dwayne: your welcome * kisses her forehead *

Nicki: tomorrow I gotta go home

Dwayne: Nicki your not going back there you staying with me.

Nicki: I am * all happy sounding but didn't want to sound to happy * I mean I am * looking confused *

Dwayne: yeah you can get your stuff from there and your staying with me.

Nicki: * laughs* who are you to make decisions for me.

Dwayne: * sighs* do you wanna get beaten again?

Nicki: um no

Dwayne: then I suggest you stay with me for a while

Nicki: ok

They fall asleep after a couple of hours of talking Nicki felt safe now that she is now going to stay with Dwayne for a while. Nicki felt like she was in good hands. She woke up to check her phone and she got text from Safaree she ignored it and kissed Dwayne's cheek and went back to sleep.

The next day

To be continued