Kaboom!

"Kaboom!" Someone shouts from behind us making Clarke jump into me. Her head smacks into my chin causing me to bite down on my lip. I taste blood as my lip splits.

"Bellamy, Clarke, so glad you're back." Nyko walks up from behind us where he must have just pulled up. I see Murphy standing behind him with a smirk on his face. He's the one who yelled.

"Nyko." I greet him with a blank expression.

"Come here boy!" He bellows and wraps his bulging arms around me in a hug. It makes me feel like he might just squeeze me to death. He's being much too friendly for my taste. He's definitely up to something. Finally, after what feels like an eternity he releases me.

"And Clarke. I have heard so much about you. It's nice to meet you. Sorry about the, welcome." He motions towards the black case that is sitting on the side of the road.

"Yeah, what the heck was that?" I ask Nyko as my anger flares.

"Bell, it was just a little test. I was proving that you can handle stress. I wouldn't have let it blow you up really." Nyko says and I can see that he's lying. If I hadn't handled the situation the way he wanted then he would have killed us. "I'm glad to see that the first person you thought to call was Atom. He says hi, by the way."

"Sure. Where is he?" I ask, surprised that he isn't with Nyko and Murphy. I always thought that Nyko didn't like Murphy because he's such a loose cannon.

"He's on main street helping set up for the carnival." Nyko turns to walk back to his truck. "Why don't you settle in and I'll see you tonight."

"Sure thing." I say and open the door to let Clarke in. She still hasn't said anything. She just keeps looking at the small black case.

"That guy is seriously crazy." She mutters when I join her inside the car. I choose to leave the black case on the side of the road deciding that I don't feel like having a bomb that could go off at any time in my car. The thought reminds me of Kane's threat. He said there was another one in my car. I ignore Clarke as she continues to talk. I can't hear any ticking, but that doesn't mean it was a bluff.

I pick up the burner cell and hit redial.

"Bellamy." Kane answers.

"Kane." I say.

"So, it looks like Nyko was right. You really do know how to handle yourself. I'm impressed, as for the other bomb; I'm going to leave it there for now. It's not that I don't trust you; I don't trust anyone. As long as you do what I want you'll be fine." He laughs.

"You already know I'll do what you want." I admit.

"Yes, but just in case you get any ideas. And remember I have eyes everywhere." With that he hangs up and throw the phone into the cup holder.

"Bell? What's going on?" Clarke demands as I start to pull back onto the road.

"Nothing, Clarke. We're fine. Let's just get home and enjoy our first day back." I grabher hand to try and reassure her.

"Fine. But, when you're ready to tell me the truth I'm here for you, okay?" Clarke says and then lowers her voice. "And in the meantime don't say that it's nothing. I don't like being lied to."

I look into her harsh eyes and know that she's serious. "Okay. But not now."

"That's all you have to say."

Hours later we are sitting at the table in my house eating an early dinner. It's so odd to be back. I keep looking at O's door waiting to hear music blasting or for her to come out. I wish that I could at least talk to her. I should visit Lincoln. He said that he has a way to keep in touch with her. He'd let me speak to her. I remember that he's out of town on assignment for the week so I won't be able to do anything about it until then.

"Are we going to the festival tonight?" Clarke asks as she stands with her plate. She heads to the sink and I follow her.

"Yes, if you're up for it." I respond.

"Yes, of course. I think it'll be fun. Is Nyko going to be there?" She asks even though we both already know the answer.

"You know he will be." I say and it hurts to see the sadness in her eyes. She looks like a caged animal.

"I wish," She closes her mouth and drops her plate into the sink causing it to bounce. Luckily it doesn't shatter.

"Clarke, we'll be okay. This won't last forever, I promise." And in that moment I know that I will do everything in my power to get us out of here, soon.

"I trust you." She steps into my arms and I hold her tight.

"Now how about we get ready for your first festival in Arkville? I am in serious need of dancing with my girl." I smile down at her and twirl her in a circle to try and cheer her up.

"You? Dancing?" She laughs again. "I have got to see that."

"You will, but make sure to wear some steel toed boots. I've been known to step on a couple toes." I give her a light push towards our room where our clothes are all still sitting in suitcases and boxes.

A/N Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting. You guys are awesome!