One Year

Originally Written: August 3 2015. Rewrite: September 15 2017. It's no technically cannon anymore, but I still like it. Funfact, this is still the longest chapter I've written for anything (not school, obviously, that would be like 3000 words, procrastination is key kiddos)

An heyyyy I just had this idea come to me. It's Hiccstrid's first anniversary. I just about squeled when I thought of it. It also happens to be Hiccups birthday. 

Hiccup's POV

I wake up, the sun is shining, terrible terrors are singing on the rooftop. I saunter down to breakfast thinking all is right with the world when my mother comes and gives me a huge hug. She smiles at me and I think "Why the Thor is she so happy this early in the morning?"

"Happy birthday!" She  says, smiling. Oh yeah, I'm 21 now. How weird.

"Oh, thanks Mom!" I reply, rubbing the back of my head.

"Here you are." She says, handing me a wrapped box. I open it and see a small stuffed Monstrous Nightmare.

"I made a Nadder when you were so little. I decided to make you another." She says. I get up and hug her. 

"Thank you Mom. I love it." I then remember, I have another thing....

"Now, I need to go find Astrid." I tell my mother. 

"Why? Did something happen that I should know about?" Mom asks curiously.

"Kinda. It's our one year anniversary today." I reply, with as straight of a face I can manage. 

"Well congratulations. But before you go find the love of your life, for Thors sake put a shirt on." She tells me. She gives me Hel over when I had to deal with the dragons that had sore teeth and I showed up without a shirt and with an Astrid. That was a fun time, explaining that we were stopping dragons. 

"Yes Mom." I say. I go back upstairs and put a shirt and my armor on. I grab a small box and put it in my pocket, also grabbing a rolled up drawing of Toothless and Stormfly. I then head down stairs and out the door. I see Astrid standing in the forge, arguing with Snotlout. When they see me, Snotlour rolls his eyes and walks away. He knows what I've been planning, mostly because he was my lookout when I was making it. 

"Happy birthday!" Astrid says, walking over and gives me a kiss. 

"Thank you Milady. And happy anniversary!" I say.

"Happy anniversary to you too. One year." She replies. 

"One year." I agree. "It feels like only yesterday..."

----------------

One year ago. RTTE Time and look.

I wake up to Toothless nudging my face like crazy. 

"Hey bud." He licks my face. And hair, sticking it up in crazy directions.

"Arowwwwwww." He growls. 

"You just wanna say happy birthday huh bud?" I ask sleepily.

"Rorw." He says. I lean over to look out the window. I see my Dad and Gobber landing with their dragons, Skull Crusher and Grump. I also see my reflection. My hair is sticking up in crazier directions than I thought. Thanks Toothless. I decide to go down to meet our visitors, so I grab a green tunic and attempt to fix my hair. 

"Cmon bud, let's go say hi." I tell Toothless. We take off towards them. We land, and my Dad comes up to us, hugging me so tight my ribs just about crack. 

"Happy birthday son!!!" He tells me enthusiastically. 

"Thanks Dad." I say gasping and rubbing my ribs.