Prologue

Luke's POV

"Smile!" My mom yelled cheerfully as she snapped a photo of me. It's graduation day and guess what? - I just graduated.

I knew this day would eventually come although I've been dreading it all semester.

Now most people would say it's the happiest day of their life today. Most people would smile and yell 'I'M FREEEEE' or celebrate.

But those people have it all worked out. All those people know exactly what they're gonna do now high school is over. Go to college, get a little job over the summer, and maybe even buy an apartment.

They all have a plan.

But not me. I haven't a clue.

More than half these people have already started sending or filling college applications and hell I don't even know which one I'm gonna go to yet. I mean I grades are kinda good I'm sure I could get into a collage but I've left it a little late and now I'm starting to panic.

I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do over the summer. Probably nothing. Sleep, play video games, play the guitar a little... And that's about it.

Well you're screwed.

Unfortunately -and shockingly- my brain was right. Shame it couldn't have been right when I did my .

Ughhhhhhhhh why does life have to be so hard?

The worst part? I've had tons of opportunities but I haven't taken them. Why? Because I'm a stubborn asshole who thinks he's always right.

Turns out I'm actually always wrong and I'm up to my neck in horse-shit.

Fortunately I'm a great actor and can put hella fake smile on. Unfortunately this "smile" isn't gonna last forever because behind the gates of my smile there's water just filling up, and each day gallons more water is getting poured behind them, just adding to the pressure. And one day the pressure's gonna be too much and those gates are gonna bust. And when that happens there will be one hell of a shit-storm.

All i want is a plan

Andy's POV

I walked out of the graduation hall and saw parents congratulating their children, mothers crying and fathers hugging.

I know she's not here. I already scanned the hall when I was up on stage. Giving a speech.

Didn't think she would be.

I felt a tap on my shoulder so I turned around to find my blue haired friend grinning down on me.

"How does it feel to be free Andy? To be able to spread your wings without anyone holding you down?" he questioned.

"Great. Just great" I lied. I didn't feel free at all if anything the weight on my shoulders just got heavier and more chains were holding me and my wings down.

Free is when you don't have anywhere to be and no one to tell you what to do. Because after this summer it's just going to start again.

Collage.

Then after collage, work. The only time I'll be free is when I'm on my death bed, breathing in my final breath.

And like most of these kids around me I have a plan. A life plan; go to college, work, get a husband, have children, retire, live a long happy life then die.

And I do not like the sound of that, at all. That's just way to boring if you ask me.

I don't want that. I don't want to go to college, to work, get a dead boring husband with a great paying profession, have kids and push them to the literal edge of a meltdown, finally retire, live the rest of my long shitty life then die regretting never taking any risks.

I don't want that.

I don't want to be boring.

I don't want a plan.