The Boys

Day 6

Litte rays of the morning sun shined through my windows and illuminated my room. I squint, feeling a little disoriented.

My body felt weak, my eyes heavy and my head pounding. I got up, and immediately regretted it. My headache just became a zillion times worse. I rubbed my temple, and rested my face on my palms.

I dragged myself to the bathroom and grabbed 2 tylenols from my medicine cabinet. I took them with 2 gulps of water, and I splash my face with cold water.

Everythings's gonna be alright

Calum's voice echoed in my mind. I smiled at my reflection.

"Everything's gonna be alright." I said, as if verbalizing it will make it come true.

"You can do this. You're a strong girl." I said, convincing myself. I nodded.

Calum stayed with me until my Dad got home last night. I managed to stop crying, and he comforted me like no other person could. We talked and talked about the most random things. We just lied on my bed, talking and laughing. Silently I thanked God, for blessing me with such an awesome person like Calum Hood. Someone who could make me feel better just by being there. Someone who could make me laugh when I dont even know how to smile.

**

I couldn't stand being alone today, and Mali isn't back yet, so I decided to call Calum.

I dialed his number, and he answered on the 4th ring.

"Hey."

"Hey!"

"Whats up? Is everything okay?" He asked, concern evident in his voice.

"Cal, I'm alright. I just.... Uhmm..." I hesitate. I hear voices on the background, and guitars playing. He's probably with his band. Suddenly I felt like I was burdening him.

"What is it, Ally? You sure you're alright? Do you want me to come over?" He asked, and I smiled. His concern touches me.

"Uhm. I was thinking about coming over to your place, actually." I said. "I mean, that's if you're not busy. If you are, I totally understand. I mean with your band here, you know. Its okay. You're probably practicing." I added too quickly. Mentally, I slapped myself. Why am I blabbering?

I heard him chuckle on the other line. "Ofcourse you can come over. I am never busy when it comes to you, remember that, okay?" He said, and my heart swelled. Why does he have to be so sweet?

"But I thought you didn't want me to meet your friends yet?" I teased.

I knew he was smiling. "Well, you leave me with no choice. I can't stand the idea of you feeling alone again. So I guess, I'll have to share you with these idiots after all."

I smiled, and we shared a moment of silence for a bit. We both listened to the static that hang between us.

"Hey Cal?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

I heard him smile on the other line.

"I mean," I went on. "I don't really know whether to feel ashamed because you saw me like that, or happy that you were here. " I paused.

"But.. I know that I felt better when you were here with me. So Thank you." I said.

"You're welc... Hey! Owww!" I heard Calum grunting, and then suddenly I hear shouts and a loud thump, like he just fell. I had to inch the phone from my ear.