Chapter 2: Memories

Hey~ I don't have much to say, but I'm glad people are reading this x Reader!

Love, Writer-chan <3

I looked up at the shorter man carrying me, my face pink with a blush. "C-captain..." I whispered.

He glanced down at me with a stone hard expression. "Yes?" he said, his voice flat.

I flinched at his coldness, feeling as if I had done something wrong. "You... you don't have to carry me..." I said quietly.

He made another "tch" noise, and I flinched again. "You're badly hurt, and I don't want any of the soldiers under my responsibility to get injured seriously." He said.

"But I got hurt before I came." I said.

He glanced down at me, and eyebrow lifting. I shrank under his gaze and he looked up, his face going back to normal, or... if expressionless was normal for a person. "And you got hurt because of bad commands from captains." He said.

It was my turn to have a stone cold expression as I looked up at him. "No." I said. He looked down at me, his face twitching. "No. My squad wasn't wiped out because of bad commands, it's because we were all devoured by the titans at a time when we least expected it." I said flatly, the memory of my squads faces flashing into my mind. "Now if you'll put me down." I said.

He stopped, looking ahead at the hallway of doors where we all slept. "Fine." He said. He set me carefully on my feet, and I tried to stand on my own, feeling pain rip through me. My face turned white as all the blood drained to my feet to make my stomach roil.

He sighed as I teetered on my feet. He was taller than me by a few inches, and it really bothered me. He could look down on me, just like everyone had throughout my life, all of the people from the underground cities looked down upon, literally.

"(y/n). Don't be stubborn." He said. I glared at him with dagger eyes, and tried to take a step forward. He sighed as I stopped and closed my eyes for a second, leaning against the wall for balance. "For the Wall's sake..." whispered, rolling his eye. He reached his hands out and picked me up again, surprising me.

"Levi!" I said, hitting his chest weakly. "Put... put me down!" I said.

He shook his head, walking briskly to my room. I had no idea why he knew where it was, and it was a little disconcerting. He kicked the door open as I said words that made his lips twitch with annoyance. At least he was showing emotion.

He set me down on my bed, my head on the pillow. He turned and began to walk to the door, going to get the medic.

I sat up quickly. "I could've walked just fine on my own, jerk!" I said, feeling hot in my chest. He spun around, glaring at me. He walked forward and gripped my shoulders, pushing me down onto the bed. My cheeks turned red as he stared down at me with his deep grey eyes. I hadn't noticed before how beautiful and dark they were.

"Get some rest." He said, his face a mere inch from mine.

I was powerless under his tight grip, and to be honest, I was a little scared. "Cap... captain." I said, tears forming in my eyes. He straightened, turning around so I could only see his back. For a moment, I noticed that his ears were pink. I found myself blushing again, and I mentally kicked myself.

"I'll go get the medic." He said, walking to the door. He closed it, and I stared up at the sealing. My cheeks were still pink as I thought about Levi. There was no way I was crushing on him. No way.

After a few minutes, in which I had laid there in pain, my eyes closed, my door opened again, and the blonde medic walked in with Levi. I opened my eyes to meet her disapproving one's, and went to sit up.