Chapter 7: The Past

"I was born, and I grew up in the underground. My parents are actually the so-called rulers of it. They raised me telling me that one day, I would also learn the secrets of where we lived, and would become the ruler of it. But as soon as I became old enough to learn the secrets and terrors of the underground, I wanted absolutely nothing to do with it. But apparently that wasn't my choice to make.

"I told my parents repeatedly that I didn't want to become the ruler, and they told me that I didn't have a choice. And then they told me that they had already chosen a husband for me. I was shocked, scared, and I had no idea what to do. I was fifteen at the time, and when my father grew ill and died, my mother informed me that I would get married and take the throne of the underground.

"When I first met the man I was supposed to marry, I knew right away that he was evil. The first time we were left alone, he slapped me when I said something that he didn't like. He was older than me by a few years, but my parents hadn't seemed to see anything wrong with it. He had lots of money, and was 'perfect'. Shortly after, I managed to escape to the surface, and made it to the army, where I knew no one could touch me. And then you should know the rest."

Levi looked at me for a while, silent as he thought. I was unsure, knowing that he was going to report me, and I would have to go back to the underground where, most likely, my almost husband would've been "trained" by my mother and was ruling. Even the prospect of marrying that man now made me feel sick.

"I'm not going to send you back." Levi said. A smile broke over my face, but it was stopped by Levi's next words. "But I will have to tell the commander." He said.

My heart almost stopped. "L-Levi?" I asked.

And then a smile played at his lips. "I'm just kidding." He reached a hand out and gasped my shoulder. "I'll stay quiet." He said, holding a finger to his lips. "And, even if I was to tell the commander, I don't think he would send you back." He said.

I sighed with relief, and after a moment's hesitation, I leaned in and hugged the captain. "Thank you..." I whispered.

I could feel his arms move around me, and I smiled into his shirt. What was that feeling in my chest? It was warm, but not like a pain; it was almost like a light from within was shining outward, and it just happened to be coming from me.

"(Y/n..." Levi said, pulling away from me, and looking into my eyes.

"Y-yes?" I asked, my voice stumbling over the words as I felt my cheeks heat up. His grey eyes held onto mine as his fingers moved to my chin, the rough callouses on his fingertips rubbing against my face.

His hand moved to the back of my head, and he gently pulled me closer, and then I felt his lips slowly brush mine. He pulled away, and I looked into his eyes, my face growing darker and darker red as a smile played across his face.

He leaned in again, and this time I kissed him back, moving my hands to his cheeks, holding onto him as he ran his hands through my (h/c) hair. I leaned into him, and his hands moved to my hips, both of our eyes slipping closed.

What felt like minutes later, he pulled away from me, and I slowly opened my eyes. I looked up at him, my cheeks pink. I felt myself smile as he ran his hand along my cheek.

"Did you like that?" he asked.

I nodded, trying to tame my smile. "Yes s-sir." I said.

His eyebrows raised, and I saw the faint hint of a smile cross his face. I had noticed that he almost never smiled, but when he was around me, it was different; I could remember lots of smiles.

"Yeah?" he asked, playing with my hair.

I put my hands on his chest, leaning in towards him, my eyes on his. But moved away at the last second, and I fell to the side on the bed. "Hey!" I said as he walked to the desk in the room.

He sat down, and then looked up at me, smiling again. "Get some clothing on. We have a lot of work to do." He said.

I sat up and huffed, my cheeks still pink. "Yes, Captain." 

Sorry it was a little short, but I need to sleep soom XD I'm getting tired already. So anyway, I hope you like the beginning of the ship-ship-sippiness~! 

~Writer-chan