Voltariens (Chapter Two)

We fell asleep there that night. We didn't know what time it was when we all woke up. Lily was the first one up that morning. I was next. Lily slept between Daryl and me that night. I woke up several times to her sobbing.

It was quiet that morning. I woke up Daryl and went outside to see what was going on. When I got out there, there was nobody around. It was silent. There wasn't even any signs of the Voltariens. I took a couple minutes to full look around and make sure it was safe, then went and got Daryl and Lily.

"Lilly, go inside and grab some of your clothes, ok? Then put some in a bag and run back to the safe room. Go baby, and be safe. Now Daryl, go in the bedroom and pack our clothes and some food. I have to go do something. Will you please make sure she gets to the safe room and lock yourselves in there? I will knock once wait a second then three times then once again. Do not open for any other knock, understand?"

"Yes, I do." Daryl answered on his way into the house.

I went to the shed and grabbed a couple of the suitcases I already had packed. I have always been scared something would happen. But I never knew what. You see, Daryl didn't know but I had two bags already packed. One filled with food, bandages, first aid kits, a pot and a pan, and sadly yes, feminine products. The second is filled with my guns and ammunition.