Denial

Maybe it was all just a dream, I feel like it was. My mind isn't clear, it's hazy and unsure. Just like a dream; defined with little detail. He isn't really gone, I'm just having a lucid dream.
As my brain settles with this idea, I slowly slip from my bed and look over at the other side. For a moment, I could've sworn he was sleeping right there. But, when I looked again, he was gone. The imprint of his constant sleeping position left on the bed. I sighed as that little note weighed my heart down to my toes. I got myself up, and got dressed and had a shower just like any normal day, though, with this pain in my chest, I wasn't in the mood to eat.
While walking to class, I felt the constant sensation of a hand on my back, or an arm around my shoulders. This was just a dream, why could I feel this? He was gone. I shook my head, and walked a bit faster. The faster I get to class, the faster I won't feel this way.
After a day of unstability during lessons, I came back to the house we use to share. I set my bags and books in the closet, and got on comfy clothes, like always. I went to go curl up on the couch, like we always used to, but when I remembered I was alone, the pain in my chest came back. So I sat alone, watching our favorite show with a heavy heart. I need to remember, this is just a dream.
This went on for weeks, and weeks, like I was being haunted. Why did this take so long? It was a dream, damnit!