Chapter 1

Miya's <pov>

Today was the day that my family and I were going to our brand new cabin.

My family consists of my dad, Mike, my mom, Michele, and me, Miya, the oldest kid by four years. Throw my nine year old brother, Michael, in there and you've got it. Oh, but then there's the twins. Mason and Maggie bring up the rear at seven years old. A Those two are a pair of devils, horns and all.

"We have arrived!" Michael screamed. God he's annoying, someone needs to permanently glue his lips shut.

Once we all got settled in we decided to go swimming in the lake. Our parents bought this huge water trampoline, a pontoon, ski boat, fishing boat, and two Jet skis. How, you ask? They were both CEOs of individual companies. They actually used to be each other's mortal enemies, but you know. Life happens.

We all got onto the trampoline and started to do flips and back handsprings. I'm a cheerleader along with my other siblings. They're all on the junior team (like a junior varsity) and I'm on junior and senior (which is basically the highest level). On the junior team I'm a back spot, I make sure no one hits the ground with their face. Maggie is a flyer (she spins around in the air) and my brothers are her bases (they lift up the others). On the senior team I'm a flyer. Ok enough about cheer.

"Look what I can do!" Maggie called as she did a back flip.

"Hey so can I!" Mason shouted, competing with his sister.

"They're annoying." Michael whispered to me. I nodded with a loud laugh.

Michael and I are close. He may be four years younger than me but we have a lot of sleepovers and late night conversations. He knows who I like and I know who he likes. And that's the way the universe works.

All in all, today was pretty good. The kids fell asleep fairly quickly, but I was unable to doze off the way they had. Was I tired? Sure! But something was wrong about this place, I could feel it in my gut. Then again, that may have been the suspicious chicken fingers I had for lunch.