My Dear Lord chapter 5: 9 nights and 10 days

Chapter 5: 9 nights and 10 days

"I am also your husband."  he whispered beside my ears.  I could feel his hot breath on my skin.  

"Y-your what?"  I asked, I could hear my voice tremble.

"Well, for now I'm only your fiance.  We are getting married in ten days, remember?"  he said, stepping back, but he was still looking at me.  His face somehow looked familiar.  

Must be my imagination.

"What did you mean when you asked me if I remembered you?"  I asked.

"Oh, don't mind that.  It was nothing."  He said, brushing off the topic.  Then he walked to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator searching for something.  Then he turned to me with a piece of french bread that he found in the fridge.  "Hungry?"  he asked holding up the bread,  I nodded.  He threw the bread to me and I caught it with one hand.

"Nice catch!"  he said, eating his share of the bread.

"Thanks."  I said and began eating.  

I was in the basket ball team in freshmen after all.

I sat on the chair and watched Vincent eat.  He looked so comfortable with this.  

Well it's his mansion.  

He was sitting on the kitchen counter, eating his french bread.  He turned around and looked at me.  

"Is there anything weird on my face?"  he asked, still munching on his bread.  I blushed when I realized that I was staring at him.  

"Ummm... No, I was wondering how you can act so normal in a situation like this."  I said, changing the subject.  He looked at me and laughed,

"No one told you that this was going to happen?"  he asked.

Was I supposed to know something?

"No, what are you talking about?"  I asked, finishing my bread.

"Well, it's a tradition thing, the couple must spend ten days with each other before the wedding so they could get used to living together, or something like that.  And they are not allowed to leave the house, or go outside during the ten days."  he explained, shoving the last of his bread into his mouth.  

"That's some... unique tradition."  I said, thinking about it over in my head.   I felt kind of happy to learn another thing about Varonia.  Well, according to my parents, I was born here and it was my home country, even though I don't remember anything.   Vincent jumped off the counter and walking towards me.

"Do you know why grandpa wanted to move the wedding to be so soon?"  he asked, bending down so his face was only a couple of inches away from mine.  I shook my head.  

Does he ever heard of personal space?

"It's because he's old and he was afraid that he would die before he would get see his great-grandson."  he said.  His breath smelled like bread.  I could feel my cheeks heating up.  

"Y-y-you mean that he expects us to have kids?"  I asked, trying to stop myself from blushing.

"Of course!  Having a child to carry on the family name and title is what's expected of us."  he said, pulling back.  He went back to the counter leaned on it.  Amusement was written all over his face when he saw me trying to cover my blushing face.  

"I-I see..."  I said, turning away from him.  Even though it was soft, I could still hear him laughing.

What's with this guy?