My Dear Lord chapter 3: Match-maker

Chapter 3: Match-maker

After the shower I had Anna bring Emily to my room.

Knock Knock

"Come in!"  I shouted.  I was sitting on my bed reading manga.  Then I heard the door open.  

If only life could be wonderful like in manga

"Attack!!!!!!"  I heard Emily yelled from across the room.  The next thing I know we were both on the ground with Emily tickling me.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA, OK! OK! I GIVE UP!!! STOP TICKLING ME!!!"  I laughed loudly.  I was literary rolling on the floor.

"That's for sleeping peacefully while I was freezing my butt off out side your house!"  Emily said after she stopped tickling me.

"I'm sorry, yesterday was a long night."  I frowned at the thought of my conversation with my parents.

Your marriage is two weeks from today

"So what do you wanna do today?"  Emily asked

why does everything looks so blurry?

I brought my hand over to touch my face.  I didn't have my glasses on.  

Duhh!  That's why it's all blurry.

"Hold on"  I told Emily as I climbed out of my bed and went to the bath room to grab my glass.  When I found my glasses that was sitting on the counter, I grabbed it and put it on.

"Much better"  I signed as I looked around the room which is now clear.  My eye sight wasn't bad, I could kind of see without my glasses.  But everything looked blurry and I couldn't read in far distance, so I always wear my glass.  It somehow gave me confident.  Somehow.

"Ok, I can see now.  So what did you say again?"  I asked, returning to my bed where Emily examined the manga that I was reading before she came.

"You really like this kind of things huh?  Well anyways, I asked you a-" When Emily turned to look at me, her smiling face suddenly turned into a worried look.  "Alice, what's wrong?"

I won't get to see her smiling face again.

I won't get to see her laughing face again.

I won't get to go to the same collage as her like we planned.

I won't get to see her again.

These thoughts ran over my mind again and again.  I couldn't fight back the tears from pouring down my face.  I ran to my bed and hugged Emily tightly.

"What's wrong?"  Emily asked, slowly pulling away, looking at my face.  "Alice, tell me what's wrong?"  she asked, holding on to my shoulders.

"My parents told me that I'm a countess of someplace called Varonia and that my grandpa arranged a marriage for me and I'm moving there and,"  I said taking a deep breath after my long sentence then continued,"Would you come with me?"  

"Wait what?"  Emily asked, still looking confused.  

"My mom said that we're an earl family and..."

-30 minutes later-

"...And so I have a wedding two weeks from now."  I said, finishing up my speech.

"You're-You're moving?"  she stared at me in disbelieve.

"Yes"  I replied, I started crying once again, only this time, Emily cried with me.

"I'll miss you so much!"  she cried, hugging me.

"I know!  I'll miss you too!"  I said.  We were crying much harder now.