Chapter Two - About Dad

A/N - This chapter will be really short- sorry!

"Where have you been?" She asked him, concern showing on her face.

"At the pub with John. I told you that yesterday."

"You might have thought that yesterday, but you never told me anything!"

"Maybe, if you kept your nose out of my business I wouldn't need to tell you where I was every minute of every day!"

"If you can't handle me wanting to know where you are if something goes wrong, maybe we should split up!"

"Fine, if were splitting up, I should tell you, I've been paying woman to give me what you never do!"

"The only reason I married you is because of that one night, and it felt wrong not to be married to the man who is the father of my child!"

I lean against the kitchen counter, covering my ears with my hands. I resist the urge to run out the door and run to Granddads house, but I know I can't. I would never hear the end of it.

"But that's not all!" She continued, yelling so loud my hands were doing nothing, "I think now should be an appropriate time to tell you, Indigo isn't your daughter!"

The angry look slid off his face and, for the first time in a long time, a look of sadness crept upon his usually cheerful face. "You mean, I'm not a father?"

"No Jake, your not. She's not yours. "

I'm shocked. Although I never loved him, I suddenly don't want him to leave. But I also want to find my real father. Wherever he may be.