chase

the burning sensation slowly wraps my throat. I slam my drink down and ask for more. more to erase heartbreak.

not exactly I thought.

the bartender refills my drink as a duo of a blondes walk past me. lust quickly fills my heart as I finish the drink that once rested in my hand. I look over to where the women were seated and notice one of them looking at me also.

biting my lip I look over to the exit sign, then at her. shes already telling her friend that shes leaving early to night. walking out she followed. looking back after several steps, like she was hiding something.

I smile at her when she reaches where I am.
she smiles back reassuring that she knows shes leaving with me tonight.

next morning

I wake up with her on my chest. naked. hangover affects used to hit me hard but now they're like minor headaches. looking around for boxers I push her slightly to the left. she grunts and turns her head to the side.

what was her name again?

sliping on my nearby boxers, I turn around making sure shes still asleep. eggs and bacon was easy to make and is always good any day. finishing up the eggs, I hear small footsteps against the tiles.

ashley was her name. I think.

"good morning." ashley spoke when she came face to face with me. her short blonde hair was still messy from the night before making her look cute. "morning to you too." I say trying not to sound rude."where did you find the shirt?" I looked down at the gray tee that she wore. It made her look even more attractive knowing that the shirt didnt fit her at all. "I found it on the floor in your room so I just put it on to come in here." she put her hands on my shoulders to try and see what I was doing over the stovetop. "eggs?" I ask revealing what i was making."Im making some bacon in a minute if you want some of that also." she nods at me with a small smile. "I would love to have some." making her way to the bar stool to take a seat.

I wonder how ashley thinks of me.

• • •

ashley winked at me as she walked to her apartment complex. I smile back at her akwardly. my mind begins to roam.