Chapter Two~ Niall

I was late. Late for my bloody CD signing with the lads. Normally I would have been in the car with them, but no, they happened to leave while I was in the toilet, their excuse? 

"We thought you were in the car," Harry had said over the phone when I called him. I didn't believe that lie more than he did, but I let this slide. It was my fault for waking up late. Damn me for staying up late on Twitter. 

I had just taken a cab to a nearby parking lot over by the CD signing I was headed towards. I didn't go directly to the CD signing shop; if I had I would have gotten mobbed. Didn't want to make that mistake again. When I was walking towards the shop I bumped into this girl, mind me I wasn't looking. What kind of gentleman doesn't look where he's bloody walking? 

Well, this girl I bumped into was different than most girls. For one thing, she didn't speak a word. I did expect that, since most girls I meet are usually speechless or screaming at the top of their lungs. But she didn't seem like she was speechless because of who I am, but because of something else. What that something else was, I didn't know. But I wanted to find out, I was already intrigued by her silence. I wanted to stay and talk with her for awhile longer, but of course I had the CD signing and I let yet another girl slip through my fingers. 

 "Lads! Look who decided to join us," Louis teased as I walked through the back entrance of the CD signing shop. I did have a little encounter with some fans; but only a couple. Nothing like what it would have been like if I had arrived in the front.

"Have you guys starting signing yet?" I asked, ignoring Louis. Harry chuckled.

"Yeah, we're signing CD's as we speak. Can you tell?" he smirked, and I had to laugh at that. It was a stupid question.

"We've been waiting for you, mate!" I heard Zayn exclaim from behind me. I turned around and grinned.

"Well what are we waiting for?" I said, and the lads get up and follow me out of the back room into view of the screaming fans. 

After we finished CD signing of our new album, we had song rehearsal. Song rehearsal is probably the most boring thing I have ever done in my life. All we do is sing our whole album, and go over dances and the routine for upcoming concerts. Since our tour is starting soon, we've been doing song rehearsal a lot lately. And it get's pretty annoying.

"Niall! You seem distracted. You aren't as into the song as you usually are, anything wrong mate?" Liam asked, getting a bottle of water from the cooler. We had just gotten done singing "Loved You First" and Liam was right; I hadn't been as into the song as I usually was. I just couldn't stop thinking about the girl I ran into. How she was so quiet, not saying a word and yet she said a million words at the same time? 

"I'm fine, just thinking," I said, searching for the food. When my eyes land on goldfish, I walk straight towards them, my task being simple. I will devour those goldfish. 

"About?" Liam asked, sounding intrigued. I looked at him with my mouth full and he laughed. 

"Er, I ran into a girl today," I started, once my mouth was empty again. Liam raised his eyebrows.

"A girl? Was she a fan?" he sat down in a chair looking at me, letting me know I have his full attention. 

"I don't think so. She was, quiet. Silent. Didn't say a word when I was talking. I bumped into her on my way to the CD signing, and she didn't say anything. I thought she might've been speechless because she was a fan, but I could tell that wasn't the reason why she wasn't talking," I explained, stuffing my face with more goldfish once I finished talking.

"And you wanna know why she wasn't talking, don't you mate?" Liam said knowingly. I nodded.

"Well, the only way to find out is to see her again. Where did you say you saw her?" 

* * *

"Right here. I bumped into her in this exact spot, er, maybe around this spot," I motioned with my hands when I said "around". Liam nodded, and put on his thinking face. Him and I decided to find the girl I ran into the other day, and we weren't having much luck. I looked all around the city before stopping here; nothing. She was no where to be found. 

"This is a parking lot for that therapist building over there," Liam explained, pointing to a building a few yards away from us. I nodded, mentally telling him to keep going.

"So, maybe she has sessions here weekly. You say you ran into her yesterday, which was Wednesday. All you have to do is wait until next Wednesday to see her again, and you're in!" Liam finished, and I grinned. Liam was a genious sometimes. Well, actually most of the time. He was usually the only mature one when the lads were all together; hence his nickname "Daddy Direction". 

"Thanks mate!" I said, and hugged Liam. Liam laughed as he hugged me back. 

"No problem Nialler. Best of luck finding her next Wednesday, but for now we have song rehearsal in a few hours. We should probably get going if we don't want to be late," Liam looked at his phone as he spoke. I groaned. Another song rehearsal, what a surprise. But I wasn't as annoyed about song rehearsal as I was yesterday. Because today I knew how I was going to find the girl I ran into, and I couldn't be more excited. My mission: figure out her name.