Chapter Five

I'm SO sorry that I haven't posted in a really long time and this chapter is short. I got writer's block and I had many assignments/assessments since it was near the end of the school term. I'm now on holidays so hopefully I can get more chapters up for you guys :) 

Ashlie’s point of view:

Oh god, I just wanted to run, what have I done? I just confessed my love to THE JC Caylen. What was I  thinking? Am I crazy? This boy has become like your older brother but you’ve just fallen in love with him. JC’s face had a kinda neutral facial expression. I wasn’t sure if he was shocked or he didn’t care. I really just felt like running.

I ran. I ran as fast as I could back to Connor’s leaving JC standing there in the middle of the pavement. I ran back to Connor’s to see that Ricky, Kian and Connor had woken up and were eating breakfast.

“Ashlie, where’s JC?”

“Um… we were walking to get Starbucks when I told him that I liked him and then I kinda just ran leaving him still in the street.” Connor’s face dropped when I told them the story. He must have just been shocked from it. I did keep me liking JC a really big secret. No one really knew except for myself, I haven’t even told Connor until today.

Connor’s point of view:

What? The girl of my dreams likes my best friend? I really need to process this. Why is the world being so unfair to me? I heard Ashlie tell everyone else and I’m pretty sure my face just dropped. All I wanted to do now was run to my room and just stay in there like a hermit. I should just give up on life. Ashlie likes JC. JC Caylen, my best friend JC Caylen. What am I gunna do with my life now? My whole life was dedicated to Ashlie and being her best friend and trying to get her to know that I like her. Now she’s running off to like my best friend. I just can’t.

Ashlie’s point of view:

What’s wrong with Connor? He pretty much didn’t say anything else for the rest of the day. We all decided to go home after the trip to the mall once again. I went home, then went to my room and just sat with my back on the door. I don’t know what triggered it, but I just started feeling these tears running down my face. I felt utterly stupid because of what happened with JC. He came back to Connor’s just before we left for the mall. He didn’t really mention anything about what had happened so I just assumed he obviously didn’t like me in that way. Why did I even do that? I know he doesn’t like me? Why was I crying?  This isn’t me to be this sad. I’m normally the bubbly joyful one that is always smiling. OK Ashlie, no more crying. I know he’s THE JC Caylen but he isn’t worth your tears.

Wiping away my tears, I went to my bed and crawled under the covers. I pulled my laptop onto my lap and I went on tumblr. I saw many messages but one post that had caught my eye was one written by Connor, “Maybe it’s time to let go, she won’t love me.” I stared at that post for a while, what have I done to my best friend?