Chapter Four

Ashlie’s Point of View:

JC benching is like just amazing. Those muscles in his arm just pop when we benches. We all went to the treadmills after the boys were done with their weights. As we were all from the internet, our fitness was crap except for Connor since he does swimming and cross country. That fit bastard! Disregarding our internet race with exercise! Ricky and Kian kinda went off to do their own thing after the treadmills which left me with JC and Connor. Connor was eyeing me every time I looked up. He is pretty cute if I do admit. No Ashlie, you like JC not Connor! Connor’s your best friend, not your lover! Get over him!

After gyming for about another half an hour or so, we left the gym to head back to Connor’s. Connor’s mum was so used to seeing us that she didn’t mind us staying over anymore. She actually welcomed it more than any other parent that I knew. Since I live alone, it didn’t really matter where I stayed for the night. Ricky, Kian, JC, Connor and I set up camp in Connor’s living room just outside his bedroom. It was a pretty big living room but we still slept with our heads all facing the centre cause we’re cool like that. I slept next to Connor and JC in the circle and to be honest, it was probably the best night of my life. Sleeping next to JC was amazing. He looks so peaceful and adorable when he sleeps. I couldn’t help but be a bit stalkerish and stare at him whilst he slept until I finally fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning, somehow cuddled up next to JC. I don’t know how it happened but it did. I looked up to see that JC was awake and was staring down at me.

“Good morning there. Decided to make yourself comfortable I see!” JC said to me.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry JC! I don’t know what happened! I hope it wasn’t too creepy to see when you woke up!” I moved quickly to an upright position out of JC’s arm. He smiled and shook his head.

“Nah, it’s nice to see a lovely girl like yourself asleep in my arm. It’s nice and plus you look adorable and cute when you’re asleep!” JC was seriously perfect. I’m sad that I’m not his girlfriend and just another good friend to him. I really wanted to be something more with him. That will be the day.

I looked around to see who else was awake. No one as per usual. Kian, Ricky and Connor all loved to sleep to who knows what hour so JC and I decided to go to Starbucks to get some drinks. We decided to walk since it was still a bit early and there weren’t many cars or streets. I decided that I wanted to tell JC how I felt. If it was any other time, it would be now. There was no one around and it seemed nice to finally be us two alone without any of the others.

“Hey JC, can I tell you something?”

“Sure Ashlie. What’s up?”

“Um, I don’t know how to say this. But… um… this is really hard for me to say.”

“Take your time Ashlie, it’s fine.”

“I… I….I…I think I like you”.