03

Brooklyn's point of view

"Can you teach me how to play this game?" I asked Michael as I watched him shoot down some person with a shotgun. Michael looked at me and then back at the game while nodding.

"If you want to then of course." He said and I sat down beside him, fixing my skirt before I did. "Love the shirt." He said and I blushed.

"Calum made me wear it because he wants me to embrace the fact I'm a fan. He says it's a big confidence boost." I said and he laughed. "I can see why, after all, his shrink did say he has low self-esteem."

"And she put him on meds, don't forget that." Michael said and we both laughed. "It actually is a confidence boost though. It's always cool to see kids, adults even, wearing our merchandise and singing our songs."

"Well, I'll be all the help I can be." I said and he smiled. "Luke and Ashton might get jealous though. I only own shirts with your name on it."

"I'm positive Ashton, being the idiot he is, will buy you our own merch and shirts that have to do with him." He said and I nodded. "Calum, probably will do the same. He buys a lot of his clothes off of the internet and he's bound to buy you some off of the sites he goes on."

I chuckled and then he groaned. "I killed him! Come on!" He said and I just watched. "I shot him in the head. He should have died." He told me and then this blue thing that read 'revenge' appeared.

"You killed the guy who killed you?"

"Yep, I shot him in the chest with an assult rifle." He said and I nodded. "You want to play after this game? Just me and you so I can show you what to do?"

"Yeah," I said and watched as he killed people left and right. "This looks entertaining." I said with a chuckle and he nodded.

"It is." He said and I nodded. Soon, the game ended and he handed me a black Playstation 3 controller. I pressed the button in the middle and then looked up at the television.

"This is pretty simple." He said and then showed me his controller. "You press down and then move the stick in any direction if you want to run and then you push 'X' to jump."

He began explaining all the buttons and I nodded, staring down at the controller. When he finished, he gave me a little test to see if I was paying attention and understood everything.

"You got it. Now, you get to make a load out and that means you pick what guns you want to use and what attatchments. You can also choose things that can make you run faster or earn scorestreaks faster." He explained as I went to an option that read 'create class'.

"Which guns are the good ones? There are so many." I said as I looked through them all. He told me to pick whatever I thought was good so I just nodded and picked some gun named 'Scar-H' and then a crossbow for my secondary weapon.

"Michael? H-Oh, there she is." I turned around and saw Ashton. I smiled and then looked back a the screen as I chose a lethal weapon.

"You're going to turn her into you." Ashton whined and some at down beside Michael. "I can barely deal with one Clifford, I can't deal with two."

"Let's use a combat axe because that sounds badass and even if I hit your finger, you're dead." I said and Michael chuckled. "What are wildcards?"

"Why don't you check it out for yourself?" I nodded and then clicked one of the empty slots. "They each have a description." He told me and I read through them all. I took the ones that let me have extra perks and then I chose my six perks.

"Are you playing with other people?" Ashton asked and Michael shook his head. "Just you two?" Michael nodded and then I backed out of the class.

"Are you ready?" Michael asked and I nodded. He started the game and I waited for it to load.