t h r e e

"that's your school uniform?" he clears his throat and asks cooly. "yeah, why?" i furrow my eyebrows at him. "isn't it a bit... revealing?" he questions and i look down once again. it was just a white button up with the school's crest over my heart, a black skirt that reached just above the knee and black thigh high stockings and canvas shoes. although i can understand how he finds it revealing, i leave a couple buttons unbuttoned on my shirt and hike up the skirt to reach mid thigh to make the hideous uniform a bit more flattering to my body and i often get in trouble for it. i shrug and take a seat at the dining table and pull out my homework.

"it's not a big deal or anything, right?" i chuckle as he sits down next to me. "of course it's not." he reassured me although it sounded more like he was reassuring himself.

"okay so what is your homework over?" he asks and reaches for the worksheet. "triangle congruency shortcuts." i answer while he looks over it and he smirks, "well this isn't too hard you just have to label whether the triangles are congruent by having all congruent sides, two congruent sides and a congruent angle, two congruent angles and a congruent side, or a congruent leg and hypotenuse." he explained with ease and i just stared at him because i had no idea what he was saying and he chuckled.

"for example," he began, "let's start on number four." he suggests and begins to explain the steps to figuring out how the triangles are congruent and why. i kept getting confused especially when he started talking about certain properties and how they work and basically it took us 10 minutes just to get through one problem.

just as i was beginning to understand how to solve the problems i ran into one with multiple triangles and there were about four questions similar to this one. my mind went completely blank and i had no idea how to even start the problem since there was barely any information on the picture. i run a hand through my hair and sigh. luke was in the kitchen making us something to eat since we were both pretty hungry and he turned to me asking if everything was alright and i simply nodded.

i didn't want him to think i was dumb and that i needed help on every problem and i was determined on figuring it out by myself.

i began to write different symbols and trying out different properties but nothing worked and it made me even more confused. i let out a groan and rub the heels of my hands into my eyes to keep the frustrated tears from slipping. i sat like that for a minute or two and when i thought i was okay and looked back at the problem the tears came again and i couldn't stop them. (if you say you've never cried over math you're a liar bc that shit is hard and confusing.)

i was beyond frustrated.

i try really hard to blink the tears away and pull my shit together in hopes that luke wouldn't notice, but i wasn't that lucky. i felt a hand on my knee and i removed my hand from my face and looked up at his gorgeous blue eyes. he gives me a sympathetic smile and i cover my face again as my cheeks became redder than they already were, embarrassed that i was crying over something so small in front of him. he sighs and removes my hand with his while keeping the other on my knee and stroking it with his thumb gently.

"hey, what's wrong?" he asks softly and i shake my head and force a smile, "i'm just being stupid." i reply and he shakes his head at me. "you're not stupid, audrey."

"yes, i am!" i snap and let another tear fall, "i can't get through my homework without help and i always get the answer wrong and it's so confusing and i don't understand how i can't understand simple geometry. i don't get this at all, luke." i sob and he wipes underneath my eye with his thumb and i laugh, "you probably think i'm an idiot for crying over this and questioning why you even offered to help someone as idiotic as me." i sigh and he just looks at me with furrowed brows.

"audrey, listen to me. you are not stupid. just because you don't understand math it doesn't automatically make you stupid. you just need more help processing all this information and understanding it. i don't think you're stupid for crying because i get how frustrated you are and i am not questioning why i'm helping you. i want to help you no matter how frustrated and angry you get." he explains and gives me a small smile.

i nod my head and wipe some stray tears away and take a deep breath, "thank you, luke. i'm sorry for breaking down in front of you." i chuckle and look down at my hands.

"hey, it's okay. everything will be okay. it may seem hard now but when i'm done with you you're going to be a genius and you're going to be the one tutoring people." he smiles and i laugh. we stare at each other a bit longer and i feel butterflies in my stomach and i blush as i notice that his hand is still on my knee and is slowly trailing up my thigh. i look down at his hand and back up at him and i realize how close we are.

i see his eyes flicker down to my lips and then my exposed chest while his hand goes further up my skirt and snaps the band of my stockings, letting out a soft groan. i'm not exactly sure what's happening but i strangely like it and want him to continue. he then snaps out of his trance and clears his throat, removing his hands from me.

i frown slightly but quickly recover as he begins to explain how to solve the problem i was having trouble on. i wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying because i was still confused about what just happened. all i know is that whatever that was can't happen again.

soon we were finished and i was relieved that i didn't have to worry about it or look at my homework anymore. we spent the rest of the time we had left eating the food luke prepared for us and getting to know each other. i learned that he has two older brothers, he's actually my brother's roommate and they've become really close, and that he majors in theoretical abstract mathematics, which explains a lot, but he is thinking about changing his major to music.

luke was actually really cool and i liked talking and hanging out with him. i looked at the digital clock on the microwave and i frown as i read the time, 6:09, i was supposed to be home by now.

"hey i have to go home now but this was fun and thank you for everything." i smile at him as i stand up and so does he.

"no problem, babe, it was my pleasure." he says sultrily, slightly smirking and i blush and head to the door. i bend down and pick up my scarf that had fallen from the coat hanger and i hear a low growl from behind me and i look at luke. "are you okay?" i ask and he nods while clenching his jaw and fists. i hesitantly nod and shrug on my coat, wrap my scarf around my neck and slip on my backpack and shoes.

"i'll see you wednesday?" i confirm and he nods again. i give him a quick hug and i swear i felt something poking my thigh but dismissed the thought and pull away as he casually folds his hands and let's them hang in front of his pelvis.

"goodbye." i say and he awkwardly smiles and says goodbye as i exit the apartment and close the door behind me.

maybe i was just imagining it but i swear i felt something on my thigh and he was acting very weird. i shake my head and walk down the hall and to the elevator trying not to think about it.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀

wow okay. by the way this isn't about to get hella kinky and smutty right away because they just met and luke isn't about to tell her "yo your uniform gives me a boner, let's fuck." i kind of want to build the sexual tension if that makes sense?

******IMPORTANT******

also a lot of you have been commenting on here and messaging me on tumblr to update and i really want to post 24/7 but i have to write the chapter and edit it and i want my updates to stay consistent and i'm starting band camp next week (and if you've ever had to experience that you know it's actual hell.) so if i start updating frequently it would stop just as soon as it started and you guys wouldn't like that. sooo yeah.

leave a vote and/or a comment on your way out?

love you guys.