t e n

"i don't know about this anymore, ava." i cringed as i saw my reflection in the mirror. i let ava dress me up and i look like i belong on a street corner. my dress was so tight it was hard to breathe and it was so short that if i bent over even the slightest bit you'd be able to see everything.

"c'mon, audrey, don't be a pussy. i already did your hair and makeup." she scoffed and handed me a pair of her heels. "we have school tomorrow." i tried to reason with her and she rolled her eyes, "can you just live life on the edge for once? for me?" she gave me her best puppy dog eyes and i sighed and grabbed the shoes from her. "okay fine. but only because you promised not to ditch me like you usually do."

soon we were in her car and on our way to the party even though it was only nine at night but apparently the party was on the other side of town so it'd take us a while to get there. i pull out my phone and sent a quick text to my mom saying that ava has an important test tomorrow and i'm staying the night to help her study and she bought it telling me not to stay up too late. i've got to admit i do feel kind of bad for lying to her but i need a distraction because i honestly have no idea what's going on with my emotions.

"so why'd you want to hang out tonight? usually you're at home doing homework or watching tv." she questioned and i sighed. "i don't know i just needed to get my mind off of a few things." i vaguely explained and she simply nodded.

"how's you and chase?" i ask her and she frowns but quickly recovers. "um things could be better." she admits. "what happened?" i ask and she shakes her head and rolls her eyes, "we got into an argument and said some things we probably shouldn't have. it's nothing really." she shrugs and i simply nodded not wanting to push any further.

i stare out the window and take a deep breath in. should i have stayed home tonight? will i regret this in the morning? i couldn't help these thoughts swarming through my mind and it frustrated me. i shook my head and convinced myself that this would be good for me and i needed something to distract me from him. god he just angers me so much. a threesome? really? one girl isn't enough?

maybe you're just jealous because you'll never be one of those girls.

i'm not jealous. i don't even like luke like that. he's just my tutor and that's all he'll ever be to me.

that's such a lie.

it is most definitely not a lie.

just admit it that you like him. you want him. you want to be the one he undresses and showers in kisses. you want to be the one he leaves trails of hickies on. you want to be the one who get's to feel his long, thick, throbbing d-

"we're here!" ava squeals and snaps me out of my inappropriate thoughts.

oh joy.

-

we have been here for about two hours and the party is in full swing. ava ditched me just like i knew she would and i've just been casually walking around taking sips from my red party cup filled with water. i've got to admit it's a nice house but the party is boring. probably because i don't know any of these people. i sighed and took a seat on the vacant couch and just observed all the people playing drinking games, talking, and dancing on each other. this isn't my first party but it sure seemed like it considering how anti social i'm being.

"audrey!" i hear someone call out and i look around but find no one i know. maybe i'm just hearing things. "audrey!" i hear again and my head snaps to the right and i see ava pushing through the crowd of dancing people, holding onto two guys.

"audrey, there you are!" she exclaims and stands in front of me with the two extremely attractive guys.

"uh, hi." i awkwardly wave at them and stand from my sitting position.