Chapter 3 Camp Half-Blood

(If you have never read the percy Jackson and heroes of Olympus series, you ca skip to the next chapter)

I woke up with a grin on my face. Ha. There was light coming in through the windows, and the cabin was empty. I walked into the bathroom, changed into some clothes and walked out of the cabin.

"Kelly!" I heard a voice yell. I looked over.

"I brought you some breakfast; you slept in really late so you missed it." Leo said.

"Thanks!" I squealed, taking the toast he handed to me. I looked at my schedule.

"Sword fighting? Monster fighting class? Archery?" I asked. I read about these classes, but I couldn't believe I had to do these all in one day; I mean, I was just a mortal!

And them i realized another thing.

"Leo... Am I supposed to go everywhere alone? Like to Hogwarts alone and to Chicago alone and stuff?" I asked him.

"Well....." Leo started "you are allowed to bring one person with you. Coz you're only mortal and stuff."

I grinned.

"Leo, can you go with me?!"

He nodded.

"Sure." He said.

I grabbed hold of the sword, my face covered in sweat. It was like 100 degrees outside, and I was about to be fighting percy with a sword. Just think. A wimpy mortal against the most powerful demigod of all time. Who also can beat some of the gods in a fight. Who did you think would win??

"I'll go easy on you." Percy decided.

I gripped my sword an swung at him, only to have him duck and hit me with the back of the sword. I panted and tried stabbing his feet but percy just jumped back and pushed me over.

At the end of the lesson I was soaked. That was HARD. Percy didn't even try at all, and he was still so much better than me. And to think that I was a good fencer!

Next I went to monster fighting class. There were some dummies that I sliced up wit a sword and punched. But I was still soaked, even though they didn't move.

Lastly I had archery. I shot the bow and

WAM!

It hit the rock climbing wall. Wtf I was supposed to hit the target.

By the time dinner came, I looked like I just went swimming with my clothes on. Not fun. I was a wreck, and I was sweating. I kinda fell asleep when Chiron was making his speech.

"Kelly?"

I jumped. "Here!" I said. Some people snickered.

"Kelly." Chiron said. "I asked you to stand up."

"Oh, ok." I said, standing up.

"Kelly Book is just a normal mortal who will be traveling to visit other...people with powers..... To prepare for a battle that could and may destroy the world. But only she will be able to save the world."

He then raised his glass and yelled" to Kelly!"

"To Kelly!" Everyone else said.

"So Kelly, who will you chose to go with you?" Chiron asked.

"Leo." I said.

Leo and I packed our bags after we got back from dinner. I had changed into some dry clothes. Mrs Oleary was going to bring us to Hogwarts by shadow traveling. Leo and I got onto her back.

"Hogwarts." I whispered in her ear.