Chapter 1- A new friend

**Daryl's P.O.V**

"Hello?" I whispered into the dark vacant room.

After the governor's attack on the prison, lil' ass kicker needed more baby formula. I was determined to make this run alone, thinking it wouldn't be any trouble. Damn walkers were surrounding me so I had to be careful with every move I made. I guess they followed me here.

Another sound of something falling off of the shelves made me jump.

"I know you're in here.." I whispered taking another step into the darkness.

I raised my bow and arrow up, ready to shoot, then I turned the corner. I heard a soft whimper before turning my attention downward to a whimpering girl.

"Shh..they'll hear us." I said putting my hand over her mouth.

"They're surrounding the entire store, any sudden movement could lead them right to us." I said under my breath.

"Those..the monsters?" she whispered.

I nodded.

"Look, I have a plan, but it's going to have to go smoothly for us to get out alive."

She nodded.

"It looks like the most of those things are at the entrance of the store, we could sneak out the back quietly and take down the few in the back. You're going to have to be extremely quiet."

"What happens once we get out..won't those things follow us?" she whimpered.

"We'll make a run for my bike."

She took a shaky breath before saying,"Okay..just tell me when."

We started hearing moans get closer to us.

"Take this." I said handing her my extra knife.

"Whatever you do, don't let them surround you."

She nodded and the moans got even closer.

"Nows the time..go." I signaled.

She quickly jumped up to her feet and followed me out of the room.

"Get ready to run for my bike. Just follow me and kill a many as those things as you can. Oh and don't get bit."

She gulped and I opened the back door.

Walkers were surrounding the back too, only not nearly as many as there were in the front.

"I got this one." I said shooting it in the head with an arrow.

"Aim for the head!" I told her.

She nodded before gulping and digging the knife I gave her deep inside of the walker's skull.

"FOLLOW ME!" I yelled at her.

She quickly followed me to my bike, stabbing walkers along the way.

Finally we got on my bike, but a walker was behind the girl about to kill her.

"BEHIND YOU!" I yelled shooting it in the head as it was about to bite her.

She hopped on my bike and I started the engine, driving away from the walkers.