Chapter 2 - Secrets

**Daryl's P.O.V**

I took Olivia to the C block and waited for the rest of the group to join us.

"Is everyone here?" I asked.

"We're waiting for Glenn and Maggie." Hersel said.

"Damn kids, I ain't got all day." I grumbled.

"We're right here!" Glenn shouted as him and Maggie joined us.

"Right then..so earlier today I was at the baby store getting formula for lil' ass kicker. I ran into this young lady over here. She goes by Olivia and has no other group. I want her ta join us but I need y'alls permission first." I said getting right to the point.

"I promise I won't be of any trouble. I'm not going to take this for granted and I will do my part to help out. It's completely up to you though. If you want me gone, I'll leave." she smiled.

"Well I say she stays." Maggie said.

Of course Glenn nodded and agreed with her.

"I don't mind her staying." Beth smiled.

"Well it seems the most of y'all want her ta stay, does anyone think otherwise?" I asked.

"I want her gone." Carl said.

Well, game over. If the sheriff's son wants her gone, there's no doubt in my mind Rick will too.

Slowly, everyone left the room. Now there was only me, Olivia and Hersel.

"I'll talk to Rick." Hersel offered.

I nodded and waited for him to leave the room.

"Why is this such a damn big deal?" I asked letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Most of them said yes.." Olivia said sheepishly.

"The one who said no is Rick's son. If he doesn't feel safe then there's no other choice."

"I should just pack my things and leave. You've done so much for me but I'm not wanted."

"What? No! You won't survive out there all alone."

"It's my only option. I'll take my chance with the monsters." she sighed.

"You aren't leaving until we get our final answer." I said.

**Rick's P.O.V**

"Rick, we need to talk." Hersel said.

"About what?"

"The girl Daryl found."

"Hersel, I don't think keeping her around is a smart idea."

"What would Lori say? Lori was all about giving second chances..maybe not to criminals but I don't think this girl will be any trouble at all!"

"Lori isn't here anymore Hersel." I glared.

Why did he have to bring my dead wife  into this?