Glossary

This is a glossary of the people, locations, creatures and other things featured in A Descent into Fire and Brimstone. It does not include any things which are included in later chapters which are yet to be published.

People

Elden: Orphaned soldier who once lived in Wiverlynn and fought in the Battle of the Vorgean Rebellion. 

Mayra Rayk: Niece of King Lance and previous lover of Elden.

Felicity Rayk: Abandoned mother of Mayra. 

Rowan: Mayra's servant and best friend. Fostered by King Lance.

Iden: Determined blacksmith, working in Ironlynn Armory. Secret lover of Rowan. 

Zyola: Iden's grandmother (fostered). Taken by the Brothers and Sisters of Ice. Deceased.

Alderan: Mysterious wraith which wanders the Forest and makes its presence known by speaking into the minds of people. Is considered a Brother of Ice. He is the old lover of Zyola. Deceased. 

False King Vorg: The current King's brother. Has conspired against the King and consequently created a Rebellion. Claims he is the rightful ruler of Asneth. 

Yaniry:  Vorg's granddaughter who people believe to be undead. 

Locations

Wiverlynn: Capitol of Asneth and the most populated city. Home to King Lance and his family. This is where the Vorgean Rebellion is centered. 

Asneth: Major province in The Four Regions. Believed to be the most populated. Has the highest crime ratings. 

Continents

The Four Regions: A far northwest continent, always in the season of winter, with snow and ice storms extremely common. Landscape dominated by woodlands and caves. It is plagued by illnesses and death. 

Creatures

Brothers and Sisters of Ice: Specter that roams in an invisible form. If they have higher consciousness intact, they transcend from death and take any form, including humans. Can possess the mind of humans and often torments and attacks. It is believed that these were humans who were tortured by ice shortly before they died. 

Daereavers: Sinister beings that are always black and tall. They roam aimlessly and are visible to humans. Always carrying a frost-covered axe. Their sole purpose is to kill. It is believed they have been conjured up by the Demon in order to get vengeance, as the Demon is unable to transcend from death.