Chapter Six

I knew Darren had a schedule. He always woke up REALLY early and left-To do what? I don't know- But there were ALOT of places he could've gone. I waited until I heard him close his door. It was almost four o-clock. I knew he wouldn't be back until noon-ish, Because that's when we usually wake up. Kai slept soundlessly in the bed we shared. I wasn't going to leave her here. I scooped her small body into my arms. I quickly/quietly made my way out of the small room. I knew there had to be an emergency exit somewhere. I couldn't go out the front, So I went out the back. I made my way toward the corner where the market stood. It was a small place, Cute. I went in, looking for any sign of Tara. Then I spotted a small piece of paper on table seven. It couldn't have been a coincidence, Kai was born on the seventh. I quickly went to it, I picked up the paper it read:Dietro a questo mercato, pari a zero ottocento (Behind this market 0800) She wanted me to meet her here at eight o-clock tonight. I stuffed the note into my pocket before rushing back to the hotel.

* Joe's P.O.V *

Derrick, Bruno and I arrived in Iraq the next day. I was surprisingly alert to be just off of a fourteen hour flight. We checked into a hotel in Abu Ghraib, Against orders unofficially. But this mission has no orders according to me-I'm the captain. We had eyes on/in Baghdad. Being the type that I am, I wanted to automatically assemble a search party to look for my wife and daughter, But unfortunately we were declined of that idea because it could possibly spook Darren or anyone involved. Derrick and I had to stay low key. I sat on the edge of the bed, staring at the family portrait Kai, Nicole and I got right after Kai was born. I left not too long after that picture. I left my wife to watch my daughter nearly not make it. I left her alone, by herself. I felt horrible. My thoughts were interrupted as Derrick came into the room. Bruno was parked by my side. Derrick sensed the tension and seen me looking at the picture. He came over and sat next to me. "We'll find'em man, I promise" He vowed. I took a deep breath as I put the picture back in my wallet.

* Nicole's P.O.V *

I was sitting in the chair, feeding Kailaieah when Darren bursts through the door. I jumped in surprise. His face softened when he seen my expression. "You been here all day?" He questioned. "Yeah" I answered. "You have NOT left this room ONE time?"-"No" I lied. He took a deep breath. "Sorry" He apologized. He shut the door and came and sat next to me. I looked over at the clock-It read seven forty. "I know this has been really hard for you-And your daughter-But I'm here not only to protect you, But to be that shoulder you can lean on...Look, here's some money, I think you and your daughter need some time alone" He said. I was surprised. He hasn't let me go anywhere on my own since we got here-Something wasn't right. "Are you sure?" I questioned. He nodded. "I'll have eyes on you of course, But you guys need some time alone" He spoke. I nodded, taking the money. He watched as I slowly exited with Kai in my arms.