chapter 5

Outside of the house you could hear screeching and clawing at the walls. there was pounding at the door. Bethen quickly grab the box. "grab on to my hand and close your eyes!" I quickly ran towards him and grab on to his hand and closed my eyes. all the screeching and pounding died down. everything was silent. I wanted to open my eyes and see what was going on. "keep your eyes closed sage if human eyes saw this they'd stick you in a mental institution.". "so where exactly are we?" Bethen's pace kept changing. he would run or walk really slowly depending on path we were walking on. "we're in the nightmare realm." nightmare realm? "how'd we end up here weren't we in the spirit world before?". Bethen started to walk quickly. "the nightmare realm is a place were humans nightmares come from and go to." Bethen pushed me against what seemed like a wall "stay quiet until I start to walk again." he then lay against the wall beside me. I could hear some light humming in the distance but it would come closer little by little.

it sounded like a Lullaby I had heard some where before.

Bethen's  p.o.v

as the humming came closer sage seemed to turn paler was he maybe remembering the lullaby. of course how would I expect him to remember. it's been 10 years scenic he last heard that lullaby. next to me sage started staggering his face was really pale. the humming that came closer would some how affect him ,but in what way? he brought his hand up to his mouth as if he was going to vomit. "bethen...It's not him" who dose he mean by him. wait c-could he possibly mean my f-."this...one he followed us he's looking for you..." who would look for me? I looked at sage "sage who's looking for me?" sage seemed to be in pain but I had to know ,it could be important. "sage tell me who is looking for me" I said more fiercely. sage started to lean on me a bit "the...the one who took you." I focused my attention back to the sound of the humming. if I think who I know it is then we had to get out of here quickly. I took out some red string from my pocket and a needle. I really didn't want to do this. I put the small music box in one of sage's pockets. "Sorry sage but I'll meet up with you later" I took the needle and pricked of one sage's fingers ,then tied the red string on the same finger. I then put my left hand on his forehead and whispered a few words with both my eyes closed. when I opened my eyes sage was gone. "he should be safe now" I said to my self while I rested against the wall. "I should find a way back before he finds me again and this time I won't be able to escape if he dose."

sage's p.o.v

I woke on my bedroom floor with the biggest headache that I didn't think was possible. Why was I on my bedroom floor and where was bethen he was with me awhile ago wasn't he. I felt something hard in my pocket. I reached in my pocket and took out a small music box. "this..." I remembered bethen grabbing it off the pedestal and then the string braking. everything started to come back to me. I looked around the room to see if Bethen was here. "but we were together at the nightmar-" the nightmare realm...most of my memory of what happened while we were there was fuzzy. I looked around once again. What had happened to Bethen?