t h i r t e e n

[ a/n: if you are not crying along with that gif, you are not human ]

NANCY SIDLED UP ALONGSIDE DAMIAN as they were headed back to the room they were in previously. "I want you to do something for me," She whispered into his ear, and he turned to look at her quizzically. It was then that she realized just how sexual that could sound.

"Enlighten me," Damian whispered back with a wink and a sly smirk.

Nancy rolled her eyes. "Once we get to the room, I'm going to start up a conversation, and you're going to psychoanalyze everyone's response."

"Who said I was going to do that?" He teased and she gave him her best evil eye. "Fine."

"Thanks," Nancy stood on her tiptoes to pat him on his head. "There's a good boy!" She cooed while he swatted at her hand.

"Stop it!" He whined. "How dare you take advantage of a very wounded boy like that!"

Nancy stopped, processing what he just said. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!"

"Nancy, it's okay, I was just kidding with you."

"No, you obviously weren't! I mean, look at you! You're still limping, your face is swollen to, like, the size of of a dinosaur egg, or - or something-"

"I think I'll go with the 'or something'." Damian cut in.

"-and you're super stiff from those burns and when I-" Nancy was beginning to sound frantic, so she was a little thankful when he decided to interrupt.

"I'm glad you've decided to take inventory of my injuries in your free time, but further listing won't be necessary."

"Okay," She agreed. "I was running out of things to say, anyway."

"Nancy, you wound me! Internally!"

"Deal with it," Nancy said, wishing she had a pair of shades that she could rip off and throw to the ground. Although, maybe later in the day she would. She couldn't believe that her parents had actually got the message and were on their way. Hopefully they would make it in time.

She and Damian were shoved into their respective cells, with the other three in the ones across from them. Then the outer door was slammed, and the five of them were left to their own devices.

"So..." Nancy started. "I figured since we're in our last few hours alive, we might as well share our stories with each other. Anyone want to go first?" She looked to Damian for help, who nodded encouragingly.

"Ladies first." He grinned.

"I guess I'll go then," Nancy obliged. "My name is Nancy Michelle Swan and I'm sixteen years old. I used to live in Maryland but we moved here when I was six. Um... my mom and dad are dentists, just in case you were wondering why my teeth were so white," Nancy wasn't sure what else to say, and Damian snickered at her nervousness, which wasn't exactly helping. "And my sister is out to ruin my life. Well, you've met her so you should know. Other than that, my life is pretty boring - I haven't really committed any crimes or anything, I'm not quite sure if I'm even supposed to be here. I mean, a normal day in the life of Nancy is get up, go to school, come home, do my homework, go to soccer practice, and... yeah. That's pretty much it. No tragic events, unless you count my cat dying last year."

"I'd say your life was tragically normal." Damian remarked.

"Let's see you top it then," Nancy challenged, and suddenly his expression went from goofy to dead serious in what seemed like the blink of an eye.