Change for me (Requested by varoofe2013)

Here you go, @varoofe2012 I hope you enjoy it!

Yn POV

I stared in the mirror at my swollen eye. It was starting to turn colors. I fought back the tears but somehow they managed to come anyway. How could he do this to me? Is this what love is like?  Because if it is, I want no part in it, or the horrible things that come along.

Everything was perfect when we first met. Jacob was funny, sweet, and understanding. The first few months flew by fast, then he became aggressive. He would always want to know where I was, who I was with, and what I was doing. At first, I thought it was just him being jealous, and thought it was cute. But it got worse. We would argue every day, and say rude and hurtful words. I thought about leaving him so many times, my family hated him, there was no use.

Then I thought about the good times. All the laughs we shared, the happy moments, the love we made, it all seemed worth the pain. Until today.

My thoughts were interrupted by my doorbell ringing. I sighed and walked over to open it. My eyes met his. The man that pushed me, kicked me, and banged my head against a wall just hours ago before storming out in rage.

"What do you want" I said, almost in a whisper.

"Yn, baby please" he reached an arm out to touch me and I backed away,giving him the most disappointed and disgusted look i could without crying.

"Please what? What could you possibly be begging me for?" I turned and walked away, leaving him standing at my front door. I felt his presence behind me as I made my way back to the bathroom baby.

"Yn. Let me talk"

"You have 5 minutes." I picked up a rag and turned on the faucet, letting hot water run over it.

"Baby I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me. When I'm angry I don't think before I do things"

I lifted the rag and brought it to my swollen eye. I hissed when the heat made contact to it, causing me to jump. "Ahh" I whispered as I dapped my injury.

"Let me help you" he walked towards me and I backed away.

"4 more minutes left" I mumbled, never making eye contact. He sighed before continuing.

"When I hit you, I knew then that I messed up. I know that I probably lost all the respect and love you had for me."

I continued to stare at my eye, pulling out some neosporin.

"When I left, I went to visit my mom."

I dropped the tube of neosporin and turned to face him. "You what?" I asked, finally looking him in his big brown beautiful eyes.

"I went to talk to her baby."

"Y-you did?"

"Yes. For you Yn"

Jacob hasn't talked to his mom in years. They had a huge disagreement about his career, and he fired her from being his manager, leaving them on very bad terms. I always told him he should talk to her, and make things right. But he always told me to stay out of it, and that he would when the time is right.

"Why?"

"I realized that I was lost. And I needed guidance. I talked with her, and I told her what I did" he paused and reached for my hands, slowly caressing them with his thumb. "We talked, prayed, and talked some more. " I felt my eyes and face lighten, but then common sense flooded over me. I pushed his hands away.

"You think I'm gonna take you back because you finally did what I've been wanting you to do for years?"

His frown deepened. "No, Yn. I did it because I want to show you how serious I am about making things right with you"

I crossed my arms and turned back around to the sink. I felt his arms wrap around my waist. I flinched and tensed up. A part of me wanted to push him away, and another part wanted to hug and kiss him until the sun came up.

"Jacob. My love for you is still here. It can't just go away" he rested his chin on my neck. "I wanna work things out with you too, but.." I trailed off my words as he placed soft and sweet kisses on my neck.

Stay focused. Don't get distracted.

"Baby. You need to get help" I turned to face him.

"I know" he held his head down and i caressed his cheek. I felt a warm liquid.

Is he? Crying?

I lifted his chin up, brining him eye level to me. I pecked his forehead, nose, and then his lips. I pressed my forehead against his.

"This is your last chance" I said, meaning it.

"I know" he smiled before wrapping his arms around me.

Violence and abuse is never okay. Don't ignore the signs. If you or someone you know is struggling with emotional, verbal, or physical abuse, call a local helpline, or 877-995-5247.