The Broken Girl

I walked into school along side one of my bestfriends, Julia. I was feeling good today, it was the friday before spring vacation, i was dressed nice and i just overall felt happy and good, however like most things in my life it didnt last for long. 

We walked to her locker where the rest of our group was Tayla, Mandy and Alison. Me and Mandy were usually the closest in our friend group but lately we've been not getting along too well she tweets about me i tweet about her and all that shit. I was finishing up a conversation i was having with Julia about the concert that we're going to in 2 weeks, All Time Low and Mayday Parade were playing! If there's one thing about me you should know it's that those 2 bands are my absolute favorite, nothing can beat them. 

"Listen Haylin, i dont appreciate you tweeting nasty shit about me. Say it to my face if you're going to go around bashing on me, got it? I get youre going through hard times and whatever but i am too and tthere's a reason i wasnt talking to you, im having my own shit going on so quit being a drama queen an-" 

"STOP IT MANDY, JUST STOP" i managed to get out before breaking down in tears. Normally im not like this, normally i'd stand my ground and give back what someone dishes out to me but right now i couldn't find the strength to speak. Recently someone in my family passed away and i had been tweeting about no one caring and apparently Mandy took it a little too much to heart, hence why this was all happening right now. I wasnt expecting this at all and that just adds to the reason why i didnt stand up for myself also. I had all this built up emotion and that was enough to push me over the edge.

i couldnt find the strength in me to lift up my head, so i stood there, bawling my eyes out as all my other friends dont even pay attention to me. Real nice. I whipped out my phone and called my dad to ask him to call the school so i could be dismissed and drive myself back home. I just made a complete fool of myself in the middle of the hallway! There was no way im going to contine the school day after everyone has seen me crying, even some underclassmen and seniors saw me! Im a complete wreck. 

"Haylin Melsvin for dismissal" i heard being spoken over the loud speaker as the 5 minute bell rang. 

"Thank the lord" i whispered to myself and made my way out of school, not even caring that i was running into people. I spotted my red jeep wrangler i had parked front row in the senior parking lot and quickly made my way towards it.

"I cant believe.. what even.. what just happened.." i muttered to myself while on my way home. Everything had happened and escalated so fast i cant even digest what had just occured only moments ago. Whats hurting me the most is my so called friends didnt even ask if i was okay or stick up for me or anything. Figures like always they're gonna go and pick Mandys side, before i know it theyre gonna be bad talkin' me behind my back at lunch today. 

I pulled into my driveway and slowly made it into my cozy home, and changed back into my victorias secret pajamas and relaxed. It felt as if i didnt even leave and went to school today, i still cant comprehend what just happened. I spent the day watching movies and working out, before i knew it my parent were home and it was time for dinner.

"So what exactly happened today at school Haylin, you promised you'd tell me if i dismissed you."

"Buncha fake friends, that's what happened Dad. Back stabbing fake bitches."

During the day i had gotten texts from one of my friends saying Mandy, Julia and Tayla were talking about me at lunch saying i was a drama queen for crying and im an awful friend. That made me completely lose it. 

"Again? Why do these type of things keep happening to you, sweetheart?" my mom asked giving me a sympathetic look.

"I dont know Mom, this is the second time in three years that my friend group has turned on me like this. I don get what im doing wrong, i feel like such a shitty person when this happens." 

"Well guess what, youre not. Dont let these stupid bitches bring you down, honey. I raised you better than to let peoples pointless thoughts and opinions get to you." 

I guess she was right. I cant let them bring me down like that. What's concerning me most is that i have that concert in 2 weeks with Julia and Alison. As far as i know Alison hasnt said anything bad about me but we all know she will. I cant let them ruin a good time for me though, i decided. I'll use them to go and have my own kinda fun with random people.

Rolling into bed after a few pointless hours later, i was relieved that today was done and over with.