Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning feeling completely a mess. I shouldn’t be feeling like this, its april vacation and summer’s coming. Why did this all have to happen to me right now.

I spent the day with my mom shopping for new summer clothes like we normally do at this time of year, every year. It was a good distraction, I wasn’t thinking about all the drama that occurred the previous day, I focused on having a good time with my mom.

But that was the only exciting day for my whole vacation. The rest of it I spent alone. My friends had had plenty of sleepovers but didn’t even bother asking me if I wanted to come and that hurt. I thought they were my actual friends, but now I can clearly see whose side they were really on this entire time.

The first Monday back from vacation I made sure I looked nice and presentable, I didn’t want to show them what effects they were really having on me. I planned on not talking to them at all but I needed to talk to Julia and Alison about the concert that was now in 4 days.

“Listen I don’t care if you guys don’t like me anymore but I bought my ticket to this concert and im the one who has yours so if you’d like to get over your stupid hatred towards me and come along then that’d be great.” I said to them as soon as I marched up to Julias locker, I wasn’t in to mood to play games with them so I got straight to the point.

“Yeah we’ll come, pick us up by 4 on Friday. The concerts an hour awa-“

“Ya I know Julia im the one who’s driving and found the concert to begin with remember.” I cut her off a little more hash than I shouldve but hey if theyre gonna call me a bitch, I can sure as hell show them what I true bitch acts like.

The days passed by in a blur, nothing exciting happening. Just the same cycle of everytime i saw one of them in the hallways they'd glare and the usual people who dont like me for no reason glared at me too. Couldnt tell ya why im so hated in this school, thank god it's one a year left before i get to leave and start over.

--

At the end of the day Friday i was practically jumping up and down of excitment, since i get home at 3, i have to rush to get ready and pick Julia and Alison by 4. The outfit i picked out for this is a purple crop sweater that has studs all over the front and ends 3-4 inches above my belly button paired with a pair of ripped up, light washed high waisted shorts and my purple vans. I left my long, waist reaching hair down in waves and applied simple liquid eyeliner to my top lid and was on my way.

I pulled up to Julia's house at exactly 4 o clock and she came out with Alison. 

Julia was wearing skinny jeans and a Peirce the Viel muscle tank with her blue vans and hair up while Alison wore high waisted multi colored and studded shorts paired with an oversized sweater tucked in with her pink vans and a top knot bun. All of a sudden i felt extrememly self concious, why do they always look better than me no matter how hard i try. Julia's a short 5'2 with a 4 pack, pale skin, long brown hair and light blue/green eyes while Alison's the opposite. She's 5'7, like i am, also very skinny but no abs with medium cut red/orange hair and perfect blue eyes. Both of them are so unique and then there's me. Long dark brown hair, dark brown eyes and an average body, nothing special.

Shoving the negative thoughts aside i unlocked my jeep doors. 

"You guys look perfect." i quietly complimented them, not knowing if it was a good idea or not since we're not on the best of terms. 

"Thanks. You too." They said in unison, each wearing a blank expression. Oookay guess theyre still unhappy with me. 

---

I pulled up to where the concert was being held at 5 pm and the concert was starting at 7 pm so we got great spots in line so we'd get in and get spots inside first. 

They opened the doors at 530 and we rushed inside, eager to get good spots. We were able to get ones right up next to the stage. 

"Haylin we'll be right back, we're gonna go buy some shirts." Julia said to me and they quickly left without waiting for my reply. An hour passed and they still werent back, i texted both of them and it showed they read my texts, just didnt answer. Figures, i shouldve known they'd ditch me like this. 

"Excuse me, are you here with anyone?"  I heard a deep, husky voice whisper to my from behind.

Startled i turned around, "Me?" i managed to squeak back, finally taking in the boys apperance. He stood what looked to be 6'2 which surprisingly towered over my tall 5'7 body. I quickly ran my eyes over the details of him. He has deep black hair, a set of gorgeous deep green eyes and as far as i can tell a nice toned body. Hmm just my type. I returned my gaze back to his face to find an adorable smirk playing on his lips.

"I think you were too busy checking me out to hear what i said so i'll repeat myself. Yes you, are you here with anyone? You're standing all alone and I was wondering if i could keep you company, my friends are.... occupied.."

" i was -, i was-, i was not checking you out! i was simply looking to see what you looked like, thank you very much. But yes to answer your question, i am alone. My friends, well i suppose you can call them my ex - friends, ditched me... What's your name creepy mystery dude?"

"Hey, i dont think calling me creepy mystery dude is a nice nickname for someone who simply wants to enjoy this concert with you! My name's Ashton, how bout you sweetie pie?"

I scrunched up my nose at the word 'sweetie pie', i hate nicknames. 

"Dont call me that, i hate nicknames like that. Besides i dont even know you! My name's Haylin"

He rolled his eyes at my nickname comment and yet another adorable smirk appeared on his face.

"Well then Haylin, it's nice to meet you."