Chapter 5

Axel P.O.V

I was walking to my midnight black Ferrari when I heard fast footsteps behind me. I turned around to see a outta- breath Skyler. "We have to tell her about the pack" she said in between breaths. I was shocked she even mentioned it. She hasn't spoken to me since she moved here from California. She was in California dealing with the Shadow Moon pack. Apparently they broke a couple rules of the "werewolf law". She moved over here because I asked her to help me with my pack. She is like a helper of the Council. She travels and helps the Wolf Council out with things. She normally doesn't become friends with many people because she takes her work seriously. "Why? She's mad at me already, so I don't need her even more mad at me!" I exclaimed. I was getting pissed now. I thought she didn't care about Nicole. "I know that dumbass. But don't you think that if you keep more secrets from her she's gonna get more mad? She is catching on. She's starting to think we're hiding something." She rambled. I guess she was right...I just didn't want to admit it. "On one condition." I smirked. She frowned, knowing what I was going to say next. "Only if you join my pack." She rolled her eyes and groaned. "You know.." She started, pushing me against the side of my car, her palm on my chest. "I can kill you within a second... Don't try me Axel. I've been practicing my magic and you know I'm powerful. I rather be a so called 'rogue'. I am NOT about to give that and my freedom up for you." She whispered, emphasizing the last word. I wasn't scared because I knew she can't use her powers for evil, only in dangerous situations.  I sighed and said "Fine but-" I was cut off when my phone ringed. I took out of my jean pocket and saw it was an unknown number. I answered anyway. "Hello?" I answered. "Hello, Axel this is Sam's mom, I wanted to tell you that he has been hurt, he was hunting and he got badly injured by a wolf. He's in the hospital, you are on the list so you can come visit if you want." I felt a tear crawling down my red cheek. I was breathing hard and Skyler have me a sympathetic look. I guess she heard. I hung up the phone and jumped in the car, started the car and sped down the road to the hospital. I don't know what I would do if I lost Sam. He was my best friend and the best boyfriend I ever had. I can't live without him. If I lost him and lost Nicole, I would kill myself. I couldn't... I just couldn't. I always adored the way his cheeks were always blushed up. His smile could brighten anyone's day up. He always made me laugh, even when I truly didn't want to. He tickled me all the time with his soft hands. I just want everything to back to the way it was before. Where everyone was happy and there was no complications. Where I knew my actual feelings towards people... If one of them dies... I'm going to die.