Chapter 3

AINSLEY's P.O.V

I sit up in my bed and stare at the dark purple wall ahead of me. I then scratch the top of my head and stretch my arms behind me. My eyes widen a little when I remember it's my birthday. Today is the day I turn 18 and possibly find my mate.

I hear footsteps running up the stairs along with loud laughter. That only means one thing.

No no no no no no no please no. I scurry out of bed but my feet get tangled in the comforter and I fall face first on the hardwood floor.

The door opens and reveals Stephanie with eyes as wide as saucers and hands over her mouth along with a smirking Bryton.

I scowl at him from my place on the floor as Steph races to me.

"Ains what happened, we were going to surprise you." Steph says with a pout as she helps me up.

"No need for that." I say with a tight lipped smile knowing that wasn't all of her intentions.

"Go on Steph tell her why we are here." Bryton chimes in with a loud sigh.

Bryton and Stephanie are dating. They aren't mates but they are still dating. I didn't think it was a good idea at first because they have to leave each other for their own mates, but then I saw how happy they make each other. My bestest friends in the world are dating I wish the moon goddess had made them mates.

Goddess only knows what would happen if Bryton is my mate. I would hate to break them up or what if he rejects me?Just another thing I have to worry about today. I don't know if he is my mate and I won't until 5:00 pm because that's around the time I was born.

"We are throwing you a party and we are going dress shopping!" Steph screams while throwing her hands in the air.

"What a surprise." I say lightheartedly. She's always looking for an excuse to go shopping. "None of my clothes fit the occasion?" I raise an eye brow. She looks down at my clothes and gives me a skeptical look. I then look down and see a bleach stained T-shirt and ugly candy striped long pants. What are the odds.

"Ok, I see your point." I murmur looking to Bryton.

"Not to be rude but why are you here?" I ask scrunching my eyebrows together.

"I'm in charge of decorations." He says giving me a blank stare. I know he doesn't like this just as much as me.

"Yeah, well I gotta run, don't want to forget the streamers. Oh, and happy birthday by the way." he says looking to me in acknowledgment then runs out the door before Stephanie can tell him to stay.

"I knew he would leave the first chance he got." Steph says while shaking her head.

"Can I leave too?" I ask hopefully. Stephanie's head whips to my direction.

"Absolutely not." She deadpans and then goes in my closet and pulls out highwaisted shorts and dark blue crop top. She throws the clothes at me then shuts the closet door and turns around to face me.

"Get dressed and let's get our mall on." Steph says seriously, which causes me to giggle.

"Fiiiiiiiiiine" I drag out and head to the bathroom to change and freshen up.