Chapter 4

Ainsley's P.O.V.

"In through your nose out through your mouth. In through your nose out through your mouth." I murmur, encouraging  myself.

I'm currently pacing back and forth in my room, clad in my oh so beautiful dress that seems to lighten up the room. Is it too fancy? I rub my fingers, in frustration, against my temples in a circular motion trying ease my frayed nerves.

I don't know why I'm so nervous, I mean I have had big parties and all considering I'm good friends with the Alpha and Beta.

But this time feels different like I'm never gonna forget it and everyone is going to be watching my every move, observing all my mistakes and criti-.

I cut my own thoughts off and straighten my back.

This is not me.

I am confident and shouldn't care what other people think of me, most times. If I make a mistake so be it.

I place my hand on the doorknob, not being able to contain the little burst of adrenaline that took over my body in little waves, and walked into the hallway.

Steph had just gone downstairs after helping me with my appearance. Which I was thankful for considering I don't really wear makeup so I would have no clue what I was doing.

As I descend down the stairs I begin to hear voices along with my cream flats padding against the floor. I would not dare wear heels because of my 5'10 frame. I hope my mate would be taller than that.

I was about to walk into the ballroom when Steph yanked me away from the entrance with a little Jonas clung to her baby blue dress. My eyes brighten immediately when I see the little child.

A toothy grin forms on the little 6 year old's face and he runs to stand in front of me with his arms out. In one smooth movement I pick Jonas up and rest him on my right hip.

"Happy Birthday Ains!" He exclaims in his baby like voice and throws his arms around my neck.

"Thanks Jo Jo." I reply with a smile. My eyes scanning him adoringly. I put my bother down and turn to Steph.

"You can't go in there." She said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I furrowed my eyebrows allowing her to carry on.

She sighed heavily. "You have to enter up there." She said in a duh tone gesturing to the top of the staircase. I almost laughed.

"No way too cheesy." I said crossing my arms and watched as Jonas turned the corner to the ballroom.

"It is not cheesy it's classy." She said while crossing her arms as well. I quirked my eyebrow.

"Whatever you want to call it I'm still not doing it." I said defiantly as if she were my mother.

My eyes suddenly lost their interest in the conversation as I began to think about my mother. I slouched a little and all I wanted to do was call this whole thing off and lock myself in my room. Steph, noticing my mood change looked at me with an understanding expression.

"Hey if you don't want to go up there you don't have to." She said resting her hands on my shoulders, sympathy swirling in her eyes.

I was about to say thank you when my wolf started speaking.

Go into the ball from the top of the stairs. Trust me. She said with assurance.

My wolf has never lead me astray so I took her word and started heading up the stairs. Steph immediately took off and I assume she went to go tell the others I was coming.