Before The Storm

We were walking the road to Whiterun, along the way we saw another path leading up to a ruin, my brother told me it was Bleakfalls Barrow. Eventually we came across some Imperial soldiers, with a nord captive, he told us to go to Windhelm to join the Stormcloaks. That's when things got bad. The one who had been behind the imprisoned Stormcloak had punched him in the jaw and told him shut up. The prisoner fell to the ground. I took out my sword, I warned the soldier not to do that again. He told me to leave otherwise there would be consequences.

I didn't. He took out his sword. "You want to fight, you nord scum?"

That got me angry, I ran up to him, pushed him to the ground and stabbed the soldier in the back. The two other soldiers took out their swords and went to attack me, Thrynn charged the one on the left, they dueled it out.

The one I was attacking was a captain, he was at least a foot taller than me. He lunged at me, I blocked his attack with my shield. I lunged at him, he dodged, he swung at me, I rolled underneath him. I saw a weak spot, right in the groin. I stabbed him right there, he fell to the ground. We left the three dead bodies on the side of the road, I left a note on the captain.

Hey, Imperials. If we find more of you walking around with the nords in chains, your soldiers will be found dead.

To be fair, it wasn't the most intimidating note, but a few dead bodies might be. We continued walking to Whiterun. Thrynn told me about our past, and our history. Our history is quite royal. It turns out that we are descendants of Tiber Septim, also known as Talos Stormcrown. Which is the name that our thin line of family comes from.

"Brother, our whole family has been tormented by that group of bandits. Our mother and father were killed by this group." Thrynn said.

"But why?" I asked.

"I don't know, but we'll find out after talking to the Jarl."

On our way there we walked by one of the farms of Whiterun and I saw Aela and two other Companions, they were fighting a giant. I looked at my brother, "C'mon, follow me lets help them." We ran up to the giant, there was Farkas, and another one Companion, never met her, and then Aela was there. Though, I don't think she noticed me. I sliced the giant in the knee. The giant got angry.

Farkas and the new Companion were swept away with the giants club. Aela from afar shot an arrow into it's knee, it's chest and its forehead. The giant grabbed me.

"Hunh!" I grunted. It started to squeeze me, I felt my bones crush me. Bad day for carrying a sweetroll for me. I felt like I was going to burst. Aela shot the giant in the left eye, that's when the giant threw me at her. Before I fell unconscious I looked up, I saw Thrynn attacking the giant. He was dodging every attack from the giant.

He stabbed his sword in it's thigh, the giant fell to one knee. Thrynn climbed on it's back, he rose his sword, both hands on the handle, and slammed his sword into the back of the neck of the giant. I rested my head and blacked out.

When I woke up, I was being healed by a priest of  Kynerath. They realized I was awake and they gave me a potion of healing. I drank it, it tasted like honey.

"Morning brother." Thrynn said.

I looked up at my brother, "Let's go talk to the Jarl, and don't worry about me, I'm not hurt just sore." I got off the bed, I was ignoring him arguing with me about resting first. We walked up to Dragonsreach. We looked at each other....*sigh*.... we were in and the Housecarl unheated her sword and slowly walked to us.

"What are you two doing here, the Jarl is not accepting visitors at the moment." she said to us.

"We have news of the dragon attack in Helgen, as well Riverwood needs help against any dragon attacks." I replied.

"That explains why the guards let you inside. Come, the Jarl must here the news."

We walked up to the Jarl, told him the news, he continued his little argument between him and his steward. The Jarl wasn't trusting the strength of the walls of Whiterun. He was scared and confused, I could see it in his face. He thanked the both of us, my brother and I, and gave us both enchanted studded armor.

We were also rewarded to buy a house, in the city. But there was only one, so we had to share. It was a nice home, I've seen it before. We bought the key to the house and went to go see our new home. Before we left the Jarl stopped us.

"Oi! You two, I never caught your names, who are you?"

"I am Strofdir Stormcrown, this is my brother, Thrynn Stormcrown." I said.

"By the gods, you are descendants of Talos?"

"Yes, my Jarl." We left him in awe, sitting in his throne. We arrived at our house. It was a decent size home for 5,000 septims. We planed out how we'd build some furniture and put it in our house. But before we went to buy supplies we rested.

"Brother," Thrynn began, "you have heard about my life in Cyrodill, what's your story of your life in here, in Skyrim."

"Well, I was an orphan, in Honorhall Orphanage in Riften. I ran away and joined the Thieves Guild. I eventually came here to Whiterun to find out about our father. Didn't find anything, I ended up joining The Companions, up in Jorrvaskr. Hey, maybe you should join them, I'll help you."

"Yeah, one of them that we helped, when fighting the giant, told me to join them. Also, forgot to tell you, Aela says welcome back."

"Ah, yes Aela. Tomorrow we'll see if Kodlak thinks you have the heart and spirit to join. Hopefully you do."

The next morning, we woke up and dressed ourselves. We walked to Jorrvaskr and prepared Thrynn for training with the companions. Before we entered a courier gave us a note from the Jarl.

"Not today brother, the Jarl calls for our aid, and we shall answer. C'mon, to the court wizard."