~prologue~

In the main garden of Sagefield Academy, twins Kaia and Kane enjoy their afternoon free time after a long day full of training. Kaia and Kane have just both recently arrived at Sagefield Academy, however they were not brought into the school as first years, but as second years. Meaning that from this point on, they would be appointed teammates and begin their practice in actual combat. Kane was worried about his little sister, but not for the reason most would expect. Kaia was still very unstable with her abilities in magic and therefore could be seen as a danger by her peers with her lack of control. As her twin, Kane was not only her best friend but also her sole protector while they were in school. With Varuna and the Kawi empire at war, it was dangerous for their true identities to be known.
"Kane?" Kaia says with a questioning tone.
"Yes?" He replies looking towards his beloved little sister.
"Do you think that our country will win? That mother is safe?" Kaia who had been admiring the bright red and yellow flowers of the garden turned towards her brother with a pensive expression, after all, their mother had sent both her and her brother away to the Xia Province, a whole ocean away from Varuna. While all of the countries had many different species and ideals, they were living in the realm known as Lansum named after the God of peace. However war still ravaged numerous kingdoms. Before, the twins had studied the teachings of First year magic using tutors back in their homeland. Now however, after being sent to the boarding school of Sagefield Academy they would officially begin learning with other children in their second year of The Academy. This did not bode well with Kaia. She felt as if her mother was expecting defeat, which would be impossible if Kaia was allowed to be on the battlefield. At least, defeat should be impossible. Kaia waited patiently for her brother to answer, while also being aware that he was all she had in this Academy.
"I'm sure mother and will be fine. While you may be much stronger than our mother, she has many years of experience on the battlefield, and she will not be fighting alone." Kane replied with sincerity and honesty, as he often did. Turning back to the flower field, and away from her brother Kaia replied
"I see."