Chapter Thirty Four Vault 87

The gang traveled through the dark cave to Vault 87. Casey shivered since the cave became colder and colder as they go further deep. She wrapped her arms around herself and began warming her arms up. Alex does the same since he and Casey are both wearing tanktops. Suzy, on the other hand, isn't cold since she has long sleeves on her desert ranger armor.

"Geez...it's cold in here," said Casey.

"How much longer until we're there?" asked Alex.

"This cave shouldn't last that long," said Suzy. "We're probably almost there."

"Shhh," said Casey. "I hear something."

The three came to a halt. Loud stomps echoed through the cave. A large shadow in the shape of a super mutant appeared on a wall. The gang faced the shadow. They quickly hid behind some rubble and peeked. The super mutant appeared walking through the cave.

"I hear noise," it said. "Come out come out wherever you are."

"On three," Suzy whispered. "One, two, three!"

The gang popped out of cover and fired at the super mutant. It fell back with blood spraying out.

"We probably alerted more of them," Casey suggested.

"Let's get a move on then," said Suzy.

"To the G.E.C.K.!" said Alex.

They ran down the cave keeping their eyes wide open. Their fingers were very close to the trigger as things started to become intense. Casey bumps into a super mutant and fires at it. Two more appeared wielding nail boards. Suzy bashes one of them in the face with the butt of her rifle and then fires at it. Alex no-scopes the remaining one in a fast pace. The three reload their weapons and continued moving to the Vault.

"Hey I think I see an opening!" said Alex.

They walk through an opening entering Vault 87. The area in which they are in are the hallways. The vault was very dim with a red light glowing across the hallways. Alex shivers and holds Suzy's hand tightly. She looks down at him and holds onto his hand. Casey looks from left to right.

"Well from the looks of it, I think the G.E.C.K. is somewhere down in the deep levels of this vault," she said. "Most likely in a chamber."

"Sounds good," said Suzy. "Casey, you take point, since you've been in a vault for most of your life. Alex and I will cover you forwards and backwards."

"Got it," said Casey. "Follow your guide my tourists."

The gang traveled down the hallways of the Vault. There was blood splattered on the walls, net bags full of mutilated body parts and organs were scattered, and dead bodies of raiders were either shot or cut open. The three covered their mouths and noses from the foul stench of the rotting corpses and blood.

Casey pushes the door button opening it. They entered into the upper level of the atrium. Gore bags were dangling on top of the ceiling, slowly dripping small amounts of blood.

"What is wrong with those things?" asked Casey.

"It's probably their way of pleasure of some kind," said Suzy.

Alex puts his hand on the rusty steel wall. It felt very cold, then it became warm. He quickly puts his hand on his pants and wipes anything dirty off of it. Casey notices a super mutant brute wielding a sledgehammer guarding at the bottom level of the atrium.

"I got this," Alex whispered. He looks through the scope of his sniper rifle and aims at the brute's head.

"Wait," said Suzy. "That might alarm more of them. Let's take this nice and quietly."