A Medical Encounter

Two weeks passed since Richter was forced to take a break by order of the Police Commissioner and now he's back on the job and was more fired up than ever before. However, since the past two weeks, there have been a string of murders occurring at exactly 1 A.M every morning. Their throats are slashed, some of them got their organs removed completely and all had the same message carved onto their stomachs... "Bitches". It drove the police force crazy because they could not find the killer or Ms. "Jacqueline the Ripper" as everyone began dubbing the mysterious killer. Richter was notified about the killings from Jake and just as he was expecting to hear, all of them are male. He was certain that the killer is after men but don't know why and how the killer killed the victims in the first place. Richter was puzzled, lost, flabbergasted. He wondered how the killer is able to do such things and not be seen. He drove to the station with that question in mind when suddenly, as soon as he got out of his car, Jake arrived.

Jake: Well aren't you looking like a hot shot detective today! Welcome back man!

Richter: Thanks partner! So how are the guys?

Jake: Still beating up with these serial killings... It's maddening Rich... We just can't seem to catch this chick! Oh by the way, the Commissioner wants to talk to you.

Richter: Me??? The Commissioner? You sure it's the supervisor and not the Commissioner?

Jake: He's in his office waiting. Go on man.

Richter: ... alright...

"The Commissioner? What does he want with me?" He asked as he walked briskly yet troubled to his office. As he made his way to his office he stopped, looked at the mahogany made door which had his name on it, took a deep breath and then knocked and a muffled voice commanded him to come in. When Richter came through that door, he was stricken with amazement: the office was spick and span, nothing was out of place and everything was almost shining in their glory. The place was the very definition of clean. What caught his attention was the large grand piano in the office. It was a huge office so it could hold but he wondered if the commissioner ever had time to play it. While looking around on his place, the commissioner's low, gentle but commanding voice called Richter to come forward. Reluctant, Richter walked to up and took a seat as commanded.

Richter: You called me Sir?

Commissioner: Yes Richter. It's about the serial killing that has been going recently. This "Jacqueline the Ripper" seems to be ripping the very morale out of us all here. It's suffocating and heart rending.

Richter: I agree sir.

Commissioner: You know more about this killer more than any other detective in the force. I understand that your cousin was a victim of the Ripper as well right?

Richter: Yes sir...

Commissioner: My condolences. Richter... You're still in charge of finding this murderer. Find this person and bring her to justice.... Or him or whatever!

Richter: Yes Sir!

Commissioner: Ah! That reminds me! A new medical practioner came in today. This should help with the autopsies and speed things up a bit.

Richter: Thank you so much Sir! The one we have well... let's just say that his stomach is beginning to fail him at the everyday sight of seeing no heart, kidneys, colons and so on.

Commissioner: Can't blame him... Bah this is becoming a thorn in our side now... In any case, Richter, your job is to find and arrest the killer. Go to the morgue and meet your new medical partner. That is all.

Richter: Yes Sir, by your leave.

Commissioner: Oh and Richter?

Richter: Yes Sir?